SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 11 - 1 - 16

User
7 years ago

There's only two people in your life you should lie to... the police and your girlfriend.
Jack Nicholson

When I am cast in a movie where I feel that the woman's part is more interesting, I usually start thinking about Spencer Tracy and Fred Astaire. They seem to be the most clear actors when working with women.
Jack Nicholson

Well, a younger woman is a type, but not necessarily a type for me. And what is a younger woman? I mean, I'm pretty old. Almost everyone is younger.
Jack Nicholson
=
We are going as fast as we can as soon as we can. We're in a race against time, until we run out of money.
Jack Nicholson

In my last year of school, I was voted Class Optimist and Class Pessimist. Looking back, I realize I was only half right.
Jack Nicholson

The camera photographs what's there.
Jack Nicholson

Acting is everybody's favorite second job.
Jack Nicholson

I just like art. I get pure pleasure from it. I have a lot of wonderful paintings, and every time I look at them I see something different.
Jack Nicholson

If men are honest, everything they do and everywhere they go is for a chance to see women.
Jack Nicholson

I worry from the moment I take a job. I worry about how I'm going to do it, if I can do it... Then I walk on set and the director says, 'Roll', and all of a sudden, all of it disappears and it's all happening, and I relax, and I'm doing what I do, and I'm not even thinking about it.
Jack Nicholson

I think that's what distinguishes Schmidt, really. In the movies now, so much of what is appealing to an audience is the dramatic or has to do with science fiction, and Schmidt is simply human. There's no melodrama; there's no device, It's just about a human being.
Jack Nicholson

My motto is: more good times.
Jack Nicholson

I'm definitely still wild at heart.
Jack Nicholson

You only lie to two people in your life, your girlfriend and the police.
Jack Nicholson

Well, a girlfriend once told me never to fight with anybody you don't love.
Jack Nicholson

There were points in my life where I felt oddly irresistible to women. I'm not in that state now and that makes me sad.
Jack Nicholson

Almost everybody's happy to be a fool for love.
Jack Nicholson

I don't have any fear of intimacy, but rather thrive on it, which is rare in a public person.
Jack Nicholson

In this industry, there are only two ways up the ladder. Rung by rung or claw your way to the top. It's sure been tough on my nails.
Jack Nicholson

The minute that you're not learning I believe you're dead.
Jack Nicholson

When I come up against a director who has a concept that I don't agree with, or maybe I just haven't thought of it or whatever, I'd be more prone to go with them than my own because I want to be out of control as an actor, I want them to have the control, otherwise it's going to become predictably my work, and that's not fun.
Jack Nicholson

I always knew there wasn't going to be anybody to help me and emotionally support me, that whatever I did I'd have to do on my own.
Jack Nicholson

Beer, it's the best damn drink in the world.
Jack Nicholson

With my sunglasses on, I'm Jack Nicholson. Without them, I'm fat and 60.
Jack Nicholson

There's a period just before you start a movie when you start thinking, I don't know what in the world I'm going to do. It's free-floating anxiety. In my case, though, this is over by lunch the first day of shooting.
Jack Nicholson

Early on, if I was alone two three nights in a row, I'd start writing poems about suicide.
Jack Nicholson

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions