SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1929spanishgw

And now for my very long "lady-problems"/thyroid post....

1929Spanish-GW
7 years ago

So I keep complaining about the physical-me. I've been diagnosed hypothyroid for over ten years. Mine is a conversion (T4 to T3) problem. We treat with compounded T3 only. My Endocrinologist tried Armour instead and I felt terrible. Ages ago another doc had me on a bit of Levo as well, but removing it made no difference.

It was a battle getting diagnosed because the blood work didn't present the "normal" hypo thyroid. One highly rated Endo told me he could tell from my physical that something was wrong but the blood work said otherwise. And then he was done. It was a very frustrating time.

Fast forward to now and I'm back to my pre thyroid weight while eating less and exercising more. My clothes don't fit, I bloat like crazy and my energy is dipping again. Taking time off work or underperforming is not an option, so I power through. But I'm tired, "fat" and grumpy.

Finally I got diagnosed with PCOS this month, which came as no surprise. I'm 51. For those who are younger, unless you were married and trying to get pregnant back in the day, my experience always has been docs didn't look very hard for underlying issues. My "lady-problems" have been going on since the beginning. I never wanted kids so they put me on the pill.

So now I'm on progesterone (natural pill form) and also taking the supplement DIM to try and knock down the estrogen. I know that it's going to take a while for this new protocol to kick in. I've been digging into Mary Shomon's materials for more info trying to educate myself more.

Anyone else have the combo of PCOS/hypothyroidism? What has your experience been? I'd love to hear from you.

What a pathetic post. I never needed those lady-bits in the first place. We should be allowed to return them with no repercussions if we aren't going to use them! I am done now.

Comments (18)