SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stelmoqn

Blanco Single Basin or 1 3/4 Basin

stelmoqn
7 years ago

Have to make a decision on a sink for our new home. I'm really leaning toward the Blanco Performa Single Basin (which has a raised ledge for placement of colander to rinse fruits, vegetables, and utensils and drain grooves to remove excess water into main sink). However, I'm sure my husband will lean toward the Blanco Performa 1 1/34 Double Bowl sink (or what we would refer to as a 60/40 sink).

Here's the dilemma. I do most of the cooking and very rarely handwash anything except my good knives and stemware, and pots which will not fit in the dishwasher. I do defrost some things in my current sink (a 30/70 stainless sink which I hate). My husband, on rare occasions when he does cook, likes to cook with cast iron and will handwash everything....even sometimes when I am out of town will come home to find everything BUT the kitchen sink handwashed and out all over the counters.

I like my kitchen to look clean and uncluttered and DESPISE handwashed dishes and pots and pans out drying on the counters. Husband, despite being raised in era of dishwashers, seems to have an aversion to them, and only reason I can figure is because he hates to unload the dishwasher.

Which is the better sink for us under these conditions? I think I should have the final say so because I do most of the cooking and dishwashing. Both of these sinks are 10" deep so would be plenty deep enough for his cast iron pots and pans when he does cook and wash them. He will also use the argument that the larger single sink will be wasteful with water when he handwashes, so how do I go around that argument?

Comments (5)