SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_larosa

Ok...here is what I am thinking (greenhouse) Any thoughts are welcome.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/King-Canopy-10-ft-W-x-10-ft-D-Greenhouse-GH1010/203576742

I realize that it is flimsy and not large enough...but...1) it is cheap, 2) I can put it up in a day with the help of my son and uncle and run an extension cord with a space heater, 3) I can buy either another one in the future or a replacement cover. The winters here in MD are not nearly as cold as New England or Canada. We only get a few nights in the teens and rarely (like once in ten years) hit single digits (at least near the bay where I live). I have two space heaters and can easily run an extension cord from my house. I can put a gravel base to rest my trees to avoid a muddy mess. In a pinch, I can always buy a pool cover like Brian and Mike use. I would put the hardiest of my citrus out there and leave the lemons and limes inside my house. I like having trees inside during winter, but it would ease the load off my living areas and I bet the trees would be happy. Anyone have any thoughts or comments before I order??? I would like to make a decision soon. It is $169 and shipping is free.

Comments (13)