SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tgriffin0402

Frog in Garden Fountain

tgriffin0402
7 years ago

Hi! We have one of those plastic fountains from Lowe's in our flower bed, and this year we were honored to have a frog move in (a big one). She's spent the spring and summer happily hanging out in there, sunning on the ledge, etc. However, now that we've had some chilly nights, we have a little problem. I need to take the fountain apart and store it in the garage; she seems to have decided to hibernate in there. This morning, I was taking the top pieces off and discovered her floating around (looking dead)...so I thought the worst, until she came to her senses and started kicking around in a panic. I feel awful and decided to leave her alone for the rest of the day, but I can't imagine she can survive in there all winter if we have severely cold temps, plus I can't keep the pump running because it needs to be cleaned (and I disturbed her enough already). I thought maybe building soil up around the fountain and keeping an eye on it if ice forms on the top might work (assuming it doesn't crack :/).
Anyone had a similar situation?? Thanks~

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery