SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scottybarron

Update on rib pain. Now they say Pleurisy

Pawprint
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Well I spent 8 hours in the ER yesterday because the rib pain was SO intense. On my last post here, many mentioned Costochondritis which my doctor thought too. He sent me for a chest X-ray last week which turned up nothing.

I haven't been to the ER in over 10 years, but I like that the ER is like a Walmart. You can get milk, shoes, TV & pet supplies without going to 6 different stores. Same with the ER. They have all the necessary equipment right there, no running all over town.

So the ER ran a million tests & did 2 different ultrasounds of my chest & organs plus more chest X-rays.

They found I've had some fractures ribs which surprises me because I don't remember doing that.

My organs are good but my liver seems to be swollen or enlarged. And NO I don't drink alcohol. Can't stand the stuff. I'm a coffee or tea person.

The ER says I have Pleurisy. I've not heard of that one & I'm not sure if it's true. I go back to my medical doctor tomorrow to discuss my ER visit and Pleurisy diagnosis. But I don't think that's what I have.

The ER gave me a nice pain shot in my butt. I wish I had that everyday to ease the pain. And the ultrasound really felt good with all that cold jelly & her wand going over my painful ribs. It was kind of like a soothing massage.

Everyone there was so nice except they wouldn't let me eat or drink because of all the tests. It felt like they took 5 quarts of blood. Urine, and the test where they stick 20 tabs on your chest with electrodes. Plus 4 more X-rays & 2 types of ultrasound images.

I loved having a TV in the room so I could watch CNN because there was a lot of waiting time.

Overall a good ER experience. This should give my doctor a lot to go on now. But the pain is still back today with a vengeance!! Tears come to my eyes trying to get in and out of bed.

It was equally bad yesterday. I didn't even know where a hospital is. Thank God my car has GPS. I typed in hospital & it took me right there. I couldn't call the ambulance because I knew it wasn't a heart attack. Whew. What a day!!!

Comments (24)