SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
markcase1964

UPDATE: now cut that out round robin swap #5

markcase1964
15 years ago

Yippee! We are racking up the threads! Another update.

NOW Cut that OUT! Cuttings & Bulbs swap.

This swap is for cuttings and live portions of plants of any type. Rhizomes, woody cuttings, leaf cuttings, bulbs, any part of a plant that you know will root and "clone" the plant.

This is as much an educational swap as it is about giving someone cuttings. Please research how your cuttings need to be treated so they will root. When you send your cuttings, please include directions on how to root your plant.

Now the rules:

1) Sign ups will be until March 1, 2009.

2) You will need to package and mail your cuttings in a priority mailer so they reach me on March 12 or 13, 2009.

3) I have a crew of volunteers that will sort, repackage and help ship the packages on the weekend so they can be returned in the mail on March 16, 2009 by priority mail.

4) When you send your cuttings, include postage for a small flat rate box ($10.35) and a return mailing label in your package so it can be returned to you.

5) Post on this forum what types of plants you can make cuttings and what type of cutting you are making (woody, leaf, rhizome, bulb, etc) and how many you can make like this:

Figs, Civil War Era unnamed variety: wood cuttings. (I can make as many as you like)

Lemongrass, bulbs (I have 10 to share)

Blue bearded iris, rhizome (I have 6 to share)

Pampas Grass, rhizome (I have 8 to share)

Lucky Bamboo, stem cuttings (I have 6 to share)

Butterfly Bush, woody cuttings (I can make as many as you like)

6) Read through what is being offered and send me an email what you wish to get and from whom.

7) On March 2-4, I will contact the person making available cuttings and tell them how many cuttings they need to send.

8) When sending your cuttings, wrap woody sections with a damp paper towel or newspaper and put into an zip lock bag or a cut 20 ounce soda bottle.

9) Rhizomes and bulbs need to be sent bare root or in loose peat.

10) Leaf cuttings need to be layered in damp (NOT WET) paper towels and put into a zip lock bag.

Please research your plants. There is a LOT we can all learn about cuttings and propagating them. If you have any questions, please ask.

Mark

Comments (151)

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jeanne, I hear ya on the sneezing!! I've been sneezing for two days strait!

Have you down for both garlics - so far there is plenty and have Barb down for both as well.

Well I wish everyone well and hope that these colds and bugs subside soon :/

Take care everyone :)

Please let me know if you want anything I have to offer.

Think I'm down to one stevia start left, so if it's not accounted for, it's Marks :) (I'm thinking he's going to be receiving many extras lol so be prepared ;))

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Tammy (greenthumbgrow) - I have you down for the Quinault Strawberry. I would love to try grafting that Cortland Apple. Thank you!

Barb, Wendy, Toni, & Jeanne - I sure do feel for you all... I hope you get over the bugs soon... It lasted WAY too long here at my house...... Mine was just like yours, Jeanne, I had it twice and was sick for more than a month total. I was also surprised at how bad that was.... not a typical cold or flu at all.

Blessings,
    Angela

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Update #1 Now cut that out! Cuttings and bulbs

Q

Comments (150)
    I have enough Red Spider Lilies I can send Mark some extra spiderlilies for being such a wonderful host. :) I also have the offers set aside for greenthumb, rosepedal and cottageflowers. I have unlimited 'common privet' cuttings to offer. Smells wonderful, makes a good hedge, tho I keep the ones here cut to look like a small tree. Dirtdiggin ~ I would love some blackberry cuttings! Either type, both! lol, I'm not picky, kids just love the berries! :) And I have a perfect spot for them that if they get wild it'll be fine w/ me! :) Greenthumb ~ would love an African Violet cutting if there's one left? Kamil ~ would love 1 or 2 bulbs of Star of Bethlehem.. I've heard these lil guys are crazy invasive.. but I'm willing to try some in a pot! :) Mark I'm fine w/ whatEVER the postage is! lol I have a paypal acct too so if that works I'm game as well. I'm pretty sure the rhubarb and asparagus plants are all gone, but I am hoping someone can answer questions re: these for me. I actually have seeds for both.. but from what I understand it takes 2-3 yrs before you actually get food from the plants.. is that right? I am looking over the property tomorrow.. I'm sure my mom had an oak leaf hydrangea.. just can't seem to remember where it was! Thanks everyone for the get well wishes.. I'm working on it. ~Wendy
    ...See More

UPDATE: #4 Now Cut That Out!

Q

Comments (150)
    I just took 3 cuttings of a geranium that I think is pink. One cutting to each person who wants one until all 3 are taken. I say I "think" they are pink because one year I ordered red geranium seeds and when they bloomed all of them were pink. Last year my next batch of seeds bloomed red and the size of this plant looks like one of the older ones. (I overwinter them in the garage.) This is assuming they still look like they are not dead when we swap in March. I usually root geraniums in the summer so this is my first try this early in the year. If I look at them and there is no way they are going to root, I will not send them. The stems are nice and green right now so hopefully they will make it. I grow a new type of geraniums from seed every year as well as try to save my older plants. I grow all of them in pots so it's not hard to put them in the garage for the winter. The seeds don't seem to be difficult to grow but they are more expensive than many flowers seeds. I sure don't know why. Kamil, so sorry to hear about your laptop. I know you must be very upset about. So great to know that you enjoy gardening so much at this age. I know I probably started planting a small area in the garden when I was around 8 years old. I do a lot more of it now that I am retired. Retired is relative for me - I have my own business now and try to keep as "part-time" - sometimes it is more than part time. It will be fun to try potatoes from potato seedlings. The only ones I have ever grown are from peelings that sprout in my compost pile. LOL Jeanne
    ...See More

UPDATE: now cut that out round robin swap #3

Q

Comments (150)
    Catching up with everyone here. If anyone has any Iris left would they throw a bulb or two my way please. For seeds I have: dirtdiggin offering hollyhocks a mix and sassybutterfly offering hollyhocks,jackmanii,datura and brugs,and red honeysuckle. Thank-you both very much Also looking for ornamental grasses and japanese morning glory's. These are the seeds offered too: Mark:cotton tree and loofah gardenmom:loofah dan: loofah plant-one-on-me:loofah sassybutterfly:yellow pea vine lots of loofah seed left. greenthumbgrow have you down for the cherry jubilee cuttings Dan.....I pick my loofah's when they are still green on the vine ,but the stem has turned brown. I peel them when they are green as well, much easier. I give them the squeeze test .....if they give some and you can hear the fibers in the skin breaking then I peel them by pulling off the end first, then running my thump up under the skin. I make a tear all the way to the stem end and then peel it off in one big piece, running my thump under the skin to loosen it as I go if needed. If it does'nt give easily then it's too soon.Give them another day or two. Don't lay them on their sides either,as the moisture can cause them to start rotting.Lean them up on their ends. Once peeled I then lay it in the greenhouse and let it dry, I sometimes have to turn it over the next day, depends on how hot it gets as my gh is not regulated temp wise. Once completely dried, I shake the seeds out into a bag. I find by doing it this way I end up with a very nice white sponge. Letting it dry out and turning brown before peeling makes for hard peeling and a darker sponge that has to be bleached. You can then cut them and use as you wish. I cut out the center membrane(grind that up)and use both in soaps all the time. That's just one of the many uses I get out of them. Not to mention the number of people that stop by wanting to know what those things are growing on the fence......real conversation starter! One other interesting thing about the plant. They have a male and female flower(yellow). Male flowers show up first, followed by the female, both look identical, but the female bears the fruit. I will leave it up to your imagination as to what that looks like. Ants also love the plant and may act as pollinators, so don't be alarmed by what appears to be a take over by ants. Thats my lesson on loofahs.....hope all that helped. Night everyone Regina
    ...See More

NEW: ** Tomato Seed Swap Round Robin :) **

Q

Comments (11)
    I received the seed box in the mail today!!! I haven't had a chance to go thru it this afternoon -- but I will tomorrow when I get home from work! I cant' wait to see what's in there :) Thanks to all the original members who participated in the tomato seed round robin -- ya'll were awesome :) Just to let everyone know -- we'll be starting round 2 soon and we'll be adding new members to the round robin. If you're interested, please check back on this message thread in a day or so and I'll get the details for the signups posted. Thanks again to everyone who participated in the 1st round! The round robin went so smoothly and was definitely a success! Judy
    ...See More
  • greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Thanks for putting me down for that.

Tammy

15 years ago

I agree with Barb, Toni. You are so very generous to share with us all what you ordered. The extra garlic start is especially exciting for me since I'm Italian. I can't wait to grow that one, so thanks for putting me down. Is there anything in particular that you're hoping for? I would love to pick some up to share with you if I can get it locally. Please, let me know. I really wish I had more to send your way with all you're sending my way!

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

I can't recall if I have already asked for a Jerusalem Artichoke. If I didn't, can I have one from whomever is offering it?

Blessings,
    Angela

• plant-one-on-me
    15 years ago

Hi all, still having computer problems but put on a pop up blocker which is working ok but now my computer is running very sssssllllooooowwww!!! Angela could you put me down for an asparagus? Out weather is not cooperating for me to get outside and look around :(

I did get some of the plums propagating and they are getting blooms...I hope this means things are rooting but I am not sure. I will send these and cuttings which are dormant just in case. The geraniums are not too happy with my new method of propagating...usually I just stick them in water. These look like they were too moist. I guess I needed 2 propagators...one to keep really humid and one not so humid. I will send cuttings of the geranium if these don't look too good. The clematis is barely budding out and I hope this will not be a problem as is the redtwig dogwood. Well I have to say I am at least learning a few things here.

Well I cannot play too much as it takes almost 2 minutes just to load one page...if dh ever opens another email like the last one he is a dead man! Kim

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Angela, That's okay, there will be other swaps :) I'm just happy to share and learn along the way! I'm having so much fun finding new stuff...rooting things and learning about cuttings! Believe me, what I'm learning is well worth the time and things I'm picking up. And remember, I'm only buying things that I'll be planting myself, just sharing what I've purchased.

As you may recall, I am working on a community project, so I've been doing quite a bunch of purchasing for that as well. There will be a load of time involved in helping others learn, but it will be worth it! Buying bulk has been a wonderful thing! I do tend to get carried away, but it's still fun lol.

Have to share....DS has a favorite program "Survivor Man". Well a few episodes ago, Survivor man found "cocona" in Panama, which is a close relative to a tomato. Well we purchased "cocona" seed for him from tradewinds....(I love tradewinds!!!) He is SO stoked!!! We planted some in those pop bottle greenhouses and THEY'RE SPROUTING!!! They're supposed to take 2-3 months, but it's only been 2 weeks. So he's just elated!!!!!

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Ok... this has been my running list for sending recieving. I am posting so everyone can verify I have everything for them on it... And that I have everything down I am recieving (although that is more to help mark;-)

SENDING:

11 Blue Passion Flower -
    Kamil,
    Plant-one-on-me,
    Growlikecrazy,
    Ladygreensleeves,
    Dan,
    dirtdiggin,
    cottageflowers,
    sassybutterfly,
    ibartoo,
    sandlapper_rose,
    angelady/angela

6 Fushia -
    Growlikecrazy,
    Ladygreensleeves,
    Dan,
    Zinaray,
    dirtdiggin (cutting),
    Sassybutterfly

3 Rose Campion -
    Growlikecrazy,
    Dan,
    Kamiljablo

3 Varigated Ivy -
    Growlikecrazy,
    Kamiljablo,
    dirtdiggin

3 (2 cuttings each) - Rosemary -
    Dan,
    Kamiljablo,
    dirtdiggin,
    Plant-one-on-me

3 (2 cuttings each) Zyo Cutting
    - Dan,
    Sassybutterfly,
    Kamiljablo

2 offers - Freesia -
    Zinaray,
    Mark

4 offers - African violet leaf-
    Zinaray,
    Sassy,
    Kamiljablo,
    growlikecrazy

2 offers - Allium Aflatunense - Angelady/Angela,
    Mark

1 offer - Yucca -
    Kamiljablo

6 Primrose -
    sassy,
    gardenmom,
    mark,
    dirtdiggin,
    grolikecrazy

4 - Almost Black Iris -
    Sassy,
    rosepetal,
    dirtdiggin,
    mark,
    ibartoo(if extra)

Blue Fescue Grass - 5 -
    Kamil,
    Mark,
    grolikecrazy(2),
    gardenmom2,
    ibartoo

Apple tree cuttings - 3
    Angelady

Peach Tree cuttings - 5
    sassybutterfly(2),
    kamil(2),
    Plant one on me

Hardy Ice Plant - 3
    gardenmom2,
    mark,
    zinaray

dahlia - Uniwin :
    gardenmom2

Vinca vine -
    angelady

Yukon Gold - 5
    Mark,
    gardenmom,
    potamac,
    kamil,
    plant-one-on-me

Red Potamic - 5
    Mark,
    Angelady,
    gardenmom,
    kamil,
    zinaray

RECIEVING:
    Mark Case:
    2 Lemon Grass cuttings
    1 dogwood Seedling
    1 Spider Plant white/green
    3 Weeping Cherry
    1 Pear Cactus
    1 coralberry
    1 Oregano
    1 Ginger root
    1 Pampas Grass
    1 Lucky Bamboo
    1 Horseradish
    1 Garlic

Dirtdiggin:
    2 Kiwi
    2Pinor noir grape
    2 Himalayian Blackberry
    2 Evergreen Blackberry
    1 clematis
    1 Corkscrew willow
    1 Asparagus
    3 Stevia (me, mom, fran)
    2 Sugar Plum
    1 Peruvian Purple potato
    1 fingerling seed potato
    1 Red red potato
    1 J. choke
    1 california white garlic start
    1 Lorz Italian Red
    1 holland iris

ejmoore 510:
    Surprises

Sassybutterfly:
    1 gardenia
    1 Jasmine Vine
    1 Dwarf watermelon crepe myrtle
    1 Bridal white spirea
    1 red spider flower
    2 weeping willow
    Black Moudry Grass (10 seeds)
    Gentiana Clausa (Bottle Gentian)seed
    Pink Pampas Grass seed
    Pink Muhly Grass seed
    Godetia seed
    Golden Chain Tree
    Kamiljablo:
    2 pink climbing roses
    2 pink roses
    1 red climbing rose
    1 star of bethlehem
    1 Rose Anthurium
    1 white dutch iris
    1 spanish bluebells

Ladygreensleeves:
    1 elephnt ear
    1 Lady Margaret Passion flower
    1 cherry jubilee allamanda
    loofah seeds

rosepetal:
    1 apple scented geranium
    1 Dahlia Unwins
    1 Canna rizome purple
    1 Angel Wing Begonia
    1 oxadalis green

cottageflowers:
    Roses:
    Louise Odier
    Bellaroma
    Monsieur Tiller
    Cecille Bruner
    Mary Rose
    Memorial Day
    Duchesse De Brabant
    Old Blush
    Mrs. BR Cant
    Wm Lobb really gorgeous with treachorous stickers!!!
    Lady of Guadalupe
    Gertrude Jekyll
    Brother Cadfel
    The Fairy
    Melody Parfume
    Aromatherapy
    1 butterfly bush- purple/blue
    1 Currant
    1 Zephrine D
    1 Charles Rennie McIntosh
    1 Bishops Castle
    2 blueberry
    2 blackberry
    1 Marshalls Delight Bee Balm
    1 Donkeys Tails
    1 Huntington Rose

zinaray:
    Narcissus white with yellow cup
    1 judy mogil
    1 ginger swirl
    1 love the sun
    1 one olympic challenge

ibartoo:
    1 apple blossom
    Japonica:
    1 grace albritton
    1 Betty Sheffield
    1 Lantana:New Gold
    1 jasminoides
    1 Star Anise

angelady:
    1 fushia 4 O'clocks
    1 Kennebec seed potato
    1 crepe myrtle - Velma's Royal Delight
    (dwarf)

grolikecrazy:
    2 Double mock orange(unlimited)
    2 Concorde grape (unlimited)
    2 Candace grape (unlimited)
    1 Jasmine(2)
    2 french lilac)(unlimited)
    1 red poker flower (7)
    1 Joseph's Coat Rose climbing rose
    1 New Dawn Climbing Rose Climbing rose
    2 anjor pear
    1 Red Japanese maple
    1 pussy willow

poisondartfrog:
    2 Corylus avellana 'Contorta', Harry Lauder's Walking Stick
    Hydrangea petiolaris
    Salix discolor amer pus wil

plant-one-on-me
    1 red twig dogwood cuttings,
    1 native plum
    1 white clematis
    1 JFK rose?

luvgardening2
    raspberry
    common mint
    chocolate mint
    peppermint
    orange mint
    apple mint
    varigated mint
    chewing mint

Sandlapper_rose:
    Clematis 'Jackmanii
    Rose cuttings: Veilchenblau (4 cuttings)
    Crepscule (4 cuttings)
    Angelwing Begonia - these have begun to root already
    lemon balm

Gardenmom:
    creeping phlox
    thyme
    spearamint

• markcase1964
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW! Great posting today. That helped out a lot folks.

Angela, May I have one of the Quinolt strawberries? I would also like the mini pink crepe myrtle.

Toni, If you want to cut the potatoes before you send them, that would be fine. I think they will survive that long cut from what I read.

I am still dealing with my bronchitis. I have had it on and off since October and am tired of it. Two weeks ago the coughing was so bad, my ribs hurt too. Now, I have lost my voice. My students are happy!

Mark

15 years ago

Kim - You poor thing! I sure hope hubby learned his lesson... I had to giggle, though... the same thing has happened here in the past.... It sure wasn't funny then when it happened, though!

Toni (dirtdiggin) - NO WAY, girlfriend! That is just TOO cool! I'm so excited for you and your son! Our family just loved that show for the longest time. We just got tired of watching that poor guy never eat, though. LOL!!! BTW, I think Tradewinds is the best place on earth.... LOL

Kim - I have you down for the asparagus.

Mark - I put you down for both, no problem. I can't believe how long you've been sick!!! That sounds pretty bad. What did the doctor say?

Blessings,
    Angela

• markcase1964
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Angela, thanks for asking....

Doctor said not much we can do. It is simply inflamation. No bacterial, no pneumonia. Changed asthma meds again, but still not getting rid of it. I get bronchitis about every year, some years worse than others. It goes away eventually....

I had 11 students out in my classes today. All the teachers are saying they have large numbers of students out. We also have 9 sick teachers... something going around.

Maybe that good, strong garlic will help!

Mark

15 years ago

It sure sounds like a lot of people are out sick. I'm more concerned about you, though, especially with you getting this so often! I think you might be on to something with the strong garlic for sure, but you might also look into other plants that help. I am a firm believer in garlic for health benefits, but I've also recently read about some medicinal plants that might help something like what you have. I'll TRY to remember to look into this again real soon online and see if I have any seeds I can send you. I don't have very many medicinal herbs yet, so I probably don't have the right ones, but it's sure worth checking into.

Blessings,
    Angela

• patti1957
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

This is new to me but I will do my best. Thank you Mark for all of your help.

This is what I have to offer:

10 or more offers - Prickly Pear Cactus
    10 or more offers - Honeysuckle
    Not sure yet maybe 3 offers - Nelly Moser Clematis
    5 offers - Valerian Root
    5 offers - Lilac
    5 offers - Snowball Bush
    10 or more offers - Hen& Chicks
    unlimited - Quince
    5 offers - Forsythia
    5 or more offers - Rosemary
    5 offers - Lemon Balm
    5 offers - Chives
    5 offers - Violets
    10 or more - Wild Blackberry - I have tons just have to get to them to dig roots.
    10 or more offers of each - Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian
    10 or more offers of 6 seeds each offer - Northern Catalpa Tree seeds.
    10 or more offers of 15 seeds each offer - Brandywine Sudduth's Strain.

Patti

15 years ago

Wow, Patti! Way to come on board! :-) Welcome, welcome! LOL

May I please have:
    Quince (a few cuttings if you can!)
    Valerian Root
    Wild Blackberry
    and one each of the 4 garlics

If you have enough, these would be terrific! Do you have a list of what all we have to offer that you can pick from? I still have a lot to choose from, so just let me know.

Blessings,
    Angela

• zinaray
    15 years ago

dirtdiggin, if you have any of these left may i have a blue,purple & fingerling potato/ 2apricot cutting & 1 each of the garlic
    greenthumbgrow, may i have 2 peach cutting if any left
    Toni

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Welcome Patti :)

If there is anything that I have to offer, please don't hesitate to ask. Here is a list of what I have to offer....

kiwi cuttings - both male and female
    pinot noir grape
    Alpine / wild strawberry
    Holly
    himalayian blackberry
    evergreen blackberry
    Clematis Seed mix
    corkscrew willow
    Holland Iris in purple white
    stevia
    sugar plum
    wild ivy
    hollyhock seed
    mammoth dill seed
    fingerling potato
    all blue potato
    purple majesty potato
    yukon gold potato
    all red potato
    garlic - california white
    garlic - lorz italian red

Ohh my goodness :) more offers lol

Patti - I would love to have...

Prickly pear cactus
    Nelly Moser Clematis
    Hen & Chicks
    And 1 of each type of garlic you have :)

Mark - I get bronchitis too :( First time was when I was about 15...miserable! And once you get it, you're susceptible to it. We all usually stay pretty healthy here. We take black cherry and garlic at night before bed...wards off arthritic pain and the garlic...well that's a given. But I've missed about the last week...didn't think about it and guess what I end up with! Now it's double doses with Vit C and zicam lol

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Hi Toni,

Have you down for the potatoes and garlic, but I don't have apricot cuttings, not sure who offered those.

Toni

• zinaray
    15 years ago

welcome patti 1957, may i have a nelly moser clematis,
    hen and chicks
    chives
    violets
    1 each of 4 garlic
    Toni

15 years ago

If anyone does have apricot, I'd sure like a cutting.

Toni, good thinking on posting your list. Here's mine:

* 2 yr roots of Jersey Hybrid (all-male) Asparagus
    * Crassula lycopoidiodes
    * Crepe Myrtle - Velma's Royal Delight
    * Dragon Fruit (if enough, doesn't look like it's growing more right now)
    * Indestructible, variegated houseplant (Epipremnum aureum)
    * Kennebec seed potato
    * Peach Gladiolus
    * Pink 4:00 tuber (if enough)
    * Strawberry - Quinault
    * Yukon Gold seed potato

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

Ooops, sorry, the peach glads are all gone...

Blessings,
    Angela

• zinaray
    15 years ago

plantoneonme,may i have 2 manchurian bush apricot cutting

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Angela - I have to laugh..indestructable house plant lol! It is one that takes a beating and keeps growing lol. We have a local restaraunt that hangs Pothos (the indestructable house plant) between each booth. They cut back all the longer growth and root them and put them back in the pots. They get so beautiful and full. Love Pothos!!

• patti1957
    15 years ago

Thank you for the welcome. I have Angela, Toni and Toni down for the following:

Angela - Angelady

Quince (a few cuttings)
    Valerian Root
    Wild Blackberry

Toni - dirtdiggin

Prickly pear cactus
    Nelly Moser Clematis
    Hen & Chicks
    And 1 of each type of garlic

Toni - Zinarey

Nelly Moser Clematis
    hen and chicks
    chives
    violets
    1 each of 4 garlic

Angela-Angelady, if you have enough I would love to have:

2 yr roots of Jersey Hybrid (all-male) Asparagus
    * Crassula lycopoidiodes
    * Dragon Fruit (if enough
    * Strawberry - Quinault

Toni-dirtdiggin, if you have enough I would love to have:

kiwi cuttings - both male and female
    pinot noir grape
    Clematis Seed mix
    corkscrew willow
    stevia
    sugar plum
    wild ivy
    all blue potato
    purple majesty potato

Thanks,
    Patti

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Welcome Patti and wow, what a list!!
    May I have these:
    Prickly Pear Cactus
    Nelly Moser Clematis
    Valerian Root
    Lilac
    Hen& Chicks
    Chives (may i have any that is not claimed by the end of the swap also, I need them to try and keep away all the deer from all my plants, they eat them to stubbles)
    Violets
    Wild Blackberry
    would love some of each Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian (don't know how to cook without them)
    Brandywine Sudduth's Strain. Thanks a bunch

dirtdiggin, may i have some
    fingerling potato
    all blue potato
    purple majesty potato
    yukon gold potato
    all red potato (I'm so excited for the the 4th of july idea)
    garlic - lorz italian red . Thank you.

plantoneonme,oh, I hope, I hope you still have a manchurian bush apricot cutting for me!(my favorite fruit here in the US) I would love that. thanks

angela: Do you still have your 2 yr roots of Jersey Hybrid (all-male) Asparagus, I've been waiting for asparagus offers forever!
    * Crassula lycopoidiodes
    * Dragon Fruit)
    * Kennebec seed potato
    * Strawberry - Quinault
    * Yukon Gold seed potato
    I'm sorry if I already asked for any of these, I can't Keep the things I asked for straight, let alone what others have asked, i trust Mark will have the final numbers for me at the end .
    Still nothing on the carob, it's just a matter of having the truck on hand when I can get away at night so noone will see me perched up on a ladder on the roof of the cab..hee hee hee.
    About geranium seeds, the other day as I was taking off the yellow and dried leaves from my geranium and dead heading them, I was so thrilled to find in my hand among the spent dried up flowers , one cluster, of very unusual cool deep red geranium, actually had seeds with little tails on them with a little fluff on each tail! I planted those, about 6 of them, if they come true , they will be my very first geranium babies! This geranium is the one that has a slender, lower spreading woody stems, with waxy 5 pointed lobed leaves.
    hope i didn't miss anything else I'd regret missing :( Chris

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Patti & Chris, have you down...:)

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Welcome Patti and wow, what a list!!
    May I have these:
    Prickly Pear Cactus
    Nelly Moser Clematis
    Valerian Root
    Lilac
    Hen& Chicks
    Chives (may i have any that is not claimed by the end of the swap also, I need them to try and keep away all the deer from all my plants, they eat them to stubbles)
    Violets
    Wild Blackberry
    would love some of each Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian (don't know how to cook without them)
    Brandywine Sudduth's Strain. Thanks a bunch

dirtdiggin, may i have some
    fingerling potato
    all blue potato
    purple majesty potato
    yukon gold potato
    all red potato (I'm so excited for the the 4th of july idea)
    garlic - lorz italian red . Thank you.

plantoneonme,oh, I hope, I hope you still have a manchurian bush apricot cutting for me!(my favorite fruit here in the US) I would love that. thanks

angela: Do you still have your 2 yr roots of Jersey Hybrid (all-male) Asparagus, I've been waiting for asparagus offers forever!
    * Crassula lycopoidiodes
    * Dragon Fruit)
    * Kennebec seed potato
    * Strawberry - Quinault
    * Yukon Gold seed potato
    I'm sorry if I already asked for any of these, I can't Keep the things I asked for straight, let alone what others have asked, i trust Mark will have the final numbers for me at the end .
    Still nothing on the carob, it's just a matter of having the truck on hand when I can get away at night so noone will see me perched up on a ladder on the roof of the cab..hee hee hee.
    About geranium seeds, the other day as I was taking off the yellow and dried leaves from my geranium and dead heading them, I was so thrilled to find in my hand among the spent dried up flowers , one cluster, of very unusual cool deep red geranium, actually had seeds with little tails on them with a little fluff on each tail! I planted those, about 6 of them, if they come true , they will be my very first geranium babies! This geranium is the one that has a slender, lower spreading woody stems, with waxy 5 pointed lobed leaves.
    hope i didn't miss anything else I'd regret missing :( Chris

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Hi all, I woud love one each of your garlic dirtdiggin.

Patty, Hi and welcome. What a list you have. I would like to reqeust
    prickly pear cactus
    Nelly Moser Clematis
    Rosemary
    Hens and Chicks
    Forsythia
    Brandywine, suduth
    Garlic, one of each please
    Wild Blackberry, a few if you can. That is on my list to start a patch this year. Do you let yours go in a patch or do you trellis it or???

Thanks everyone. Hope everyone gets to feeling better. I know we have stomach flu going around at school. Kids are going to offic, but unless they have a fever, the nurse sends them back to class. We have 3 or 4 puke all over their desks and oooh gross. We have had weird luck with gall bladder prob's among the teachers in our hall. Does anyone know what would cause gall stones?? It is weird. 5 out of 9 teachers have had it this year and 1 already has hers out so she does not count.

Off to school
    Nichol

• markcase1964
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Patti,

I am glad you joined! I will post what I have left later today. May I have:

Valerian Root
    Rosemary
    Lemon Balm
    Wild Blackberry -
    1 of each - Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian

again, welcome aboard!

Mark

• cottageflowers
    15 years ago

Angelady could you put me down for a couple of Asparagus and Kennebec potato if yu have any left please?

Dirtdiggin I would love to try any one of your fingerling potatoes- red, purple, blue that would be wonderful.

Also thought I had requested a Red Potomas potato from somebody, I am in a hurry late for work can't look right now. Thanks,

I will have more to offer when my order comes in. jenny.

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Welcome Patti!

Nichol that is so gross...LOL I cant believe they make those kids go back to class that is crazy. Strange about the teachers too. I a going shopping today to see what I can find and share too.

Patti I would love some forsythia if possible and some garlic too please. I hope everyones day is a good one...Barb

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Hi, Patti - Welcome!

I would like a Snowball Bush cutting, Quince, and some garlic - all four if you have enough and if not, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian.

Thank you so much. I will try to do like some others did and put up a list of what I am sending and what I am receiving. I know I still have some things that are unclaimed.

Mark, that is terrible that you have been sick for so long. I used to teach and losing your voice is so horrid.
    Get well soon.

Jeanne

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Patti, Hi and Welcome!

I only have a few mins at the moment, but will post my offer list later this eve.

If any of the following are still available I would love these:
    Honeysuckle
    Nelly Moser Clematis (lost this when we moved here!)
    Valerian Root
    Lilac THANKYOU!!!!
    Snowball Bush
    Hen& Chicks I have 4 so far..lol trying to build up a collection :)

Welcome Welcome so glad to have you in our group! :)

Mark hope you get to feeling better too! Definitely lots of bugs & viruses going around this year! I swear we've never been so sick!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Welcome Patti! Great to have you join.
    I would love to recieve:

1 Nelly Moser clematis
    1 Snowball Bush
    1 Hen & chick
    1 ea. of the garlics
    1 Brandywine Sudduths
    1 Valerian Root
    1 Lilac

I will look around and double check what I have to offer still this evening. Great to have you! :-)

Thank you sooo much for the offers

PS - Hope everyone is feeling better. Its already went through our family and I hope its over for the year!
    I do agree with the garlic tip. I take a clove a day even when Im not sick. ;-)

Tammy

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

I can hardly keep up. I hope Mark is because I am LOST.

I guess I'd better start requesting items or my box is going to come home empty.

PATTI, May I please have:
    I just copy and pasted, I mean 1 offer of each.

5 offers - Chives
    10 or more - Wild Blackberry - I have tons just have to get to them to dig roots.

10 or more offers of each - Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian

I would like one of each of the garlic but will take whatever is left. No problems.

Dirtdiggin/Toni

I would like from your list, if possible:

Alpine / wild strawberry
    himalayian blackberry
    evergreen blackberry
    stevia
    mammoth dill seed
    fingerling potato
    all blue potato
    purple majesty potato
    yukon gold potato
    all red potato

Since I could not keep up, does anyone have:
    Jerusalem Artichokes
    Horseradish
    Shallots
    Onion starts

I would also LOVE any kind of strawberries & blackberries (prefer thornless but I will not be picky).

Okay, last question. Does anyone know if I can ship Figs that have already rooted? Can I just wrap them in moist vermiculite in a baggie and rubberband it? If I can get some answers on this one, I can offer figs. The timing of this swap does not coincide w/ my zone and the figs are not dormant anymore.

Nancy

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Yes Nancy, I will be receiving a batch of white j-chokes probably by the weekend. I'll send you one or two. If anyone else would like any let me know :)

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Here is what I think I am supposed to send:

Blueberry Cuttings (OUT)
    mark
    sassybutterfly
    kamiljablo
    ladygreensleeves
    cottageflowers
    angelady
    plant-one-on-me

Clematis 'Jackmanii' (1 More)
    dirtdiggin
    greenthumbgrow

Rose- Veilchenblau (Out)
    sassybutterfly
    kamiljablo
    greenthumb

Rose - Crepuscule (1 left)
    kamiljablo
    greenthumb

Rose - Jeanne d'Arc (Out)
    angelady

Chaste Tree- Vitex (2 left)
    grolikecrazy

Night blooming cereus (Out)
    dirtdiggin

Kerria japonica 'Golden Guinea' (2 left)
    grolikecrazy

Angelwing begonia (Out)
    sassybutterfly
    greenthumb

Holly (2 more)
    grolikecrazy

St. John's Wort ( 1 left)
    grolikecrazy

Pothos (2 left)

Donkey's Ears (Out)
    sassybutterfly

Hidden Ginger (Out)
    mark

Bay Laurel (Out)
    plant-one-on-me

Strawberry Runners (Out)
    posiondartfrog

Geraniums (Pink?) (2 left)
    sassybutterfly

Lemon balm (Out)
    sassybutterfly
    greenthumb

Please if I have offered something to you and you don't see it on the list, let me know. I will take a quick look around the garden before the weekend and see if there is anything else I can offer.

Jeanne

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Nancy ~ I read that if they are already rooted and shipped fairly quickly they should be fine to mail (figs) If they are going to someone who is still covered in snow, they will need to baby them of course til a good planting time outside. IF you do send may I please have one ?? I have an Italian bf and my gosh he loves his figs! lol

I've got to do some looking around and checking lists to be sure I'm on track myself!

Off to p/u kiddos

Hugs,
    Wendy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Here are two more. I think I listed the viburnum before but I don't think there were any "takers." I'm sorry I don't know the variety. The leaves are evergreen here. It was labeled when I bought it, but I looked up the picture when I got home and it was not the one in the picture - so mislabeled. I have only had it for one growing season, so I can't tell you a lot about it.
    I have not listed this rose before but I have cuttings of it. I think the patent has run out on it. If I hear differently, I will pull it from the offers. I try to be really careful not to trade cuttings of anything that is under patent. The bush grows to 4 feet for me, but the roses are small. The flowers remind you of popped popcorn.
    Jeanne

Viburnum - Variety Unknown (4 left)
    Miniature Rose 'Gourmet Popcorn' (4 left)

• zinaray
    15 years ago

sandlapper rose, may i have your clematis Jackmanii & rose crepuscule
    Toni

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Oh Jeanne, I would love to have a cutting of your Viburnum. May I please have one :) Thank you

15 years ago

Toni (dirtdiggin) - I'd like a white j-choke, please.

Patti - I'd also like Lemon Balm, please.

Nancy - I'm so glad to see you posting and looking through lists! I was wondering where you were! On the figs that aren't dormant, I would think shipping them would be fine. Others are sending in live plants, not just dormant cuttings. I'd love to have one of the figs, if you don't mind sending it in for me! Mark has five people working with him, to repackage everything quickly and get it right back out to us, so hopefully the plants won't go through too much shock from transit.

Blessings,
    Angela

• patti1957
    15 years ago

I have Chris, Nichol, Mark, Jeanne, Wendy, Tammy, Nancy and Angela down for the following:

Chris-Grolikecrazy

Prickly Pear Cactus
    Nelly Moser Clematis - That was the last offer.
    Valerian Root
    Lilac
    Hen& Chicks
    Chives
    Violets
    Wild Blackberry
    Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian Brandywine Sudduth's Strain

Nichol-Gardenmom

prickly pear cactus
    Nelly Moser Clematis - Out- If I have more to offer I will put your name on the list.
    Rosemary
    Hens and Chicks
    Forsythia
    Brandywine, sudduth
    Garlic, one of each please
    Wild Blackberry -Mine are literally WILD. We try to keep them in their place but.....

Mark-markcase1964

Valerian Root
    Rosemary
    Lemon Balm
    Wild Blackberry -
    1 of each - Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian

Barb-rosepedal

forsythia
    garlic

Jeanne-sandlapper rose

Snowball Bush
    Quince
    garlic - all four

Wendy-sassybutterfly 2008

Honeysuckle
    Nelly Moser Clematis Out- If I have more to offer I will put your name on the list.
    Valerian Root
    Lilac
    Snowball Bush
    Hen& Chicks

Tammy-greenthumbgrow

1 Nelly Moser clematis Out- If I have more to offer I will put your name on the list.
    1 Snowball Bush
    1 Hen & chick
    1 ea. of the garlics
    1 Brandywine Sudduths
    1 Valerian Root
    1 Lilac

Nancy-luvgadening2

Wild Blackberry
    Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian

Angela-angelady

Lemon Balm

If I missed anything please let me know. I will send extra of anything that I have a lot of so you all get some good starts.

Patti

• markcase1964
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Nancy,

I have you down for horseradish. To ship the figs that have rooted, shake off most of the dirt, wrap it in a wet paper towel and put in a zip lock back. That simple.

Ok here is what i have left:

Aloe vera plants
    solid green spider plants
    striped: white and green spider plants
    forsythia
    pecan-papershell nuts
    pecan-mini nuts
    pecan- standard nuts
    weeping cherry
    pear cactus
    coralberry plants
    dusty miller
    Christmas Cactus white
    pampas grass
    Sempervivum: Christmas Blush (hens and chicks)
    pink azalea
    butterfly bush
    Civil War Fig

Mark

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Patti can I have:

Nelly Moser Clematis
    Valerian Root
    Quince (PLEASE!!!!)
    Rosemary
    Wild Blackberry
    1 offer of each - Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian

Thanks!
    Kamil

15 years ago

Patti - It looks like my original list of requests disappeared! My list from you should be:

Angela - Angelady

Quince (a few cuttings)
    Valerian Root
    Wild Blackberry
    Lemon Balm

Nancy - I have Quinault Strawberry starts. I have you down for one offer, but that might only be one plant, just so you know.

I have everyone down for what they requested in order they requested. If I run out when I start packing, then I didn't have any more to send. Feel free to request, though, in case I have enough! So far it looks like I'm able to fill all the recent requests for at least one item per person of what they requested except for possibly the pink 4:00 tubers and Dragon Fruit.

Blessings,
    Angela

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

I'll be potting up a few more stevia cuttings. Looks like they all went and one extra, so I'll make sure that there are plenty for all requests.

Toni

• patti1957
    15 years ago

I am out of Nelly Moser. If I can get more from it I will put people down in the order received.
    I am out of Valerian Root. If I can get more from it I will put you down for it Kamil.

Kamil, here is what I have you down for.

Quince
    Rosemary
    Wild Blackberry
    1 offer of each - Garlic - Oregon Blue, Purple Glazer, Chesnok Red and Silverskin Italian

Angela - Angelady, here is what I have you down for :

Quince (a few cuttings)
    Valerian Root
    Wild Blackberry
    Lemon Balm

Jeanne-sandlapper_ rose, if you have enough I would love to have:

Chaste Tree- Vitex
    Kerria japonica 'Golden Guinea'
    Holly
    St. John's Wort
    Geraniums (Pink?)
    Viburnum - Variety Unknown
    Miniature Rose 'Gourmet Popcorn'

Mark-markcase1964, if you have enough I would love to have:

solid green spider plants
    striped: white and green spider plants
    weeping cherry
    dusty miller
    Christmas Cactus white
    pampas grass
    butterfly bush

Thanks,
    Patti

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Patti -
    I have you down for these:
    Chaste Tree- Vitex
    Kerria japonica 'Golden Guinea'
    Holly
    St. John's Wort
    Geraniums (Pink?)
    Viburnum - Variety Unknown

Toni, I put you down for clematis Jackmanii & rose crepuscule.

dirtdiggin, I put you down for a cutting of Viburnum.

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

sandlapper - Add me for a Viburnum. all the talk of popcorn and such made me hungry. LOL

• patti1957
    15 years ago

Jeanne,

If you have enough could you add your Miniature Rose 'Gourmet Popcorn' to my list please?

Thank you.

Patti