SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publick_man

Palm Springs Modernism Week (Fall preview this week-end)

My brother and I went to Palm Springs last Thursday for a long week-end, just to relax and do some shopping, and I learned that if we had waited a week, we could have gone to the Fall Preview of Moderism Week, which is in February. In fact, tickets for the February event go on sale November 1, and I do think that they sell out. February is a great time to visit PS, although I like March a bit better. October is still very hot (95°), and so we spent a fair amount of time in the pool. Oldchello was this month also, which I did not know that much about before we went, but since that took place in Indio, the hotels in PS were not fully booked. One restaurant that we like was still in its "off season" hours, and so we weren't able to go there for lunch, but we don't go to PS for food.

We did go to the art museum, which has a Weiner Family Collection that was pretty interesting. We did not make it to the Design Center, as we decided to go to the Cabazon outlet mall on our last day, but we did do a fair amount of shopping Uptown, where my brother bought a new coffee table. I haven't photographed it yet, but I will start another thread concerning this table, as I have a few questions about it. My brother bought a Versace suit at Cabazon for 70% off, but the sleeves are too long, and so I will have to alter it for him. The suit still cost more than the coffee table, but he will save a bit of money by having me alter it instead of someone else.

Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know about the Modernism Week event, and if you want to go in February, I do recommend making your plans now. And if you are in SoCal, you can still make it to the Fall Preview, although the weather will still be fairly hot. I bought a couple of Modernism books while there, and if you are looking for MCM books, Palm Springs is the place to go. Just Modern has the best collection of these books.

Comment

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus