SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brentsa1234

Need help with the survival of a small Majesty Palm

brentsa1234
7 years ago

Hi everyone, well I have two Majesty Palm plants at my house now (they are Ravenea Rivularis), and one of them is doing fine, and is almost 7 ft. tall now. I keep it on the front porch and water it about once a week. I got this one at Lowe's.
Well anyway, the other one was smaller than the palm mentioned above when I got it, standing at about 3-4 ft. tall. I got this one at Walmart. I don't know if it's because it's a cheap walmart plant or what, but it fell over and is now pretty much laying on the ground....:'(
The leaves or fronds aren't completely brown, but they are dry and with some brown on them. So this plant has pretty much fallen over and looks like it is laying on the ground, I mean with the pot it is in still standing up but the plant has fallen over. I think I left it in direct sunlight for hours one day but can't remember think it was in some shade as well during that time. But for the most part it was in a room about 5 ft across from a small window, so some sunlight in the room but not direct light.
It was after I left it outside for hours that this started, and didn't happen all at once, and that might not be why because I watered it with a lot of water because the pot it is in is large and I assumed it needed a lot of water. So it might have collapsed because of overwatering, but I really don' know. It has been laying on the ground like this for nearly a week and has not got any better or worse since then. So I am really not sure if it was from the overwatering or too much sunlight or what exactly caused it to fall down on the ground, and I water this plant once a week, like the other taller one which is doing fine and seems to be growing taller.
So it has been around a week since last watering (the overwatering), and should I water it again with less water this time or just not water it at all due to possible overwatering from last week?
I hope the plant makes it and can stand back up again and has a chance of surviving and growing with the other plant. If anyone might know anything about this or what else might can be done or prevented to facilitate the plants survival, please let me know! Your addvice and help is greatly appreciated. I just started getting into house plants and stuff and have other kinds and they are doing fine, though I did have a Dumb Cane plant that didn't make it. I had one that was droopy down looking, watered it one night, and the very next day the leaves were up and lively again. Hope something like this will work for the fallen palm, might take more than an overnight timespan after wateting, but not sure exactly what caused it to fall. Thanks.

Comment (1)