SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriannh0uzzviolatedmyprivacy

Massive Yard Remodel

We are in the midst of a completely massive backyard remodel. Here's a link to the project and photos. I will keep updating as the project nears completion and beyond. Almost done! http://www.houzz.com/projects/2087367/massive-backyard-remodel-and-rose-garden

I designed the entire remodeling plan, landscaping plan and have done all the landscaping myself. :) I'm not a designer, just know what I want and can draw to explain it to others. :)

I tend to choose roses I like and plant in mass. A couple of people were asking, so here's the list of roses going in. The notes are just as much for me as anyone else. :) Most of these were based on wonderful recommendations and advice of the rose experts on gardenweb... so thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

These are for the back yard. I will have to make a separate "project" in Houzz for the front yard. That's for another day. I will post the link for that one in this thread too... in the future. :)

Raised beds along the main patio of the house:

Falstaff - English Rose - Rambling Climber or Shrub - Rebloomer: Joined by Iceberg (non climbing) on obelisks.

Chrysler Imperial - Hybrid Tea - Rebloomer: Cuttings from my husband's mother's favorite rose. In the raised beds.

ArchDuke Charles - China - Rebloomer: In the raised beds.

Winchester Cathedral - English Rose - Rebloomer: In the raised beds.

Potager garden:

Little Grey Pearl - Miniature: In the middle of each potager garden raised bed. (If this tempermental rose doesn't work I'm going to try Cafe Ole... it that doesn't work I'm going to try a fragrant perpetual old fashioned carnation. :)

Rose garden:

Sombreuil - Large Flowered Climber - Rebloomer - Tea: over a very large and sturdy wood arbor that will be near the fence that connects the backyard (and the rose garden) to the driveway.

Crested Sweetheart - Large Flowered Climber - Moss - ONCE bloomer: over a group of metal arbors that lead into the rose garden. Joined by climbing Iceberg since it's just once blooming.

Gentle Giant - Hybrid Tea - Rebloomer: One in a sunny spot of the rose garden.

Henri Martin - Moss - ONCE bloomer: Two in a sunny spot of the rose garden.

Souvenir du Docteur Jamain - Hybrid Perpetual - Rebloomer: Two in a shady spot of the rose garden.

White Pearl in Dragon's Mouth - China - Rebloomer: Two in a sunny spot of the rose garden.

???: One more spot left in the rose garden. Haven't decided who gets it yet. I really want Village Maid, but need to figure out if I have enough shade.

Everything in the rose garden is going to go in containers for the first year or so... since the ground there was just demo'ed, cleared and leveled. I want to get familiar with the sun/shade and give the ground a chance to settle in.

So that's the plan! :) I love learning and sharing with the community here. It's nice to have a way to connect to people who are passionate about the same interests! :)

Comments (36)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm