SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elgable21

Agonizing over Towel purchase....Coyuchi Cloud Loom Towels?

elgable21
7 years ago

I know this isn't exactly on point for this forum but I wasn't sure where else to post. Any suggestions for posting in alternate forums would be welcome!

I need to purchase new towels for all the bathrooms in my new home and plan to buy white. All told, this will amount to around 25 towels (towel sets). We're hosting my husband's entire family as overnight guests at Thanksgiving so that's my deadline. I have scoured garden web for info on towels over the last 6 months and have found some good suggestions. Based on this I ordered a Coyuchi Cloud Loom towel to try. I wanted to feel it, wash it, etc. I wasn't overly impressed by how it felt. It has me rethinking that direction... but now not sure which direction to go?

My goals for the towels are:

A soft towel that is absorbent but not too heavy.

A towel that will stay soft after washing on temperatures of at least warm.

A good quality towel at a fair price that will not snag, etc. (I don't want to think about towels for a long time after I make this purchase.)

I would love to have been on top of this to catch a "white sale" or other good promotions but I think I've waited too long and now I have to order - any suggestions on still maximizing dollars would be greatly appreciated.

I wonder if anyone can give me feedback on the following:

Does anyone own Coyuchi Cloud Loom towels? If so, how do you wash them and how do they hold up?

Has anyone been happy with the longterm softness of any towel after washing on warm or occasionally hotter? If so, please share the towel and washing protocol (temperatures, cycle, detergent, etc.)

For the record my laundry is done with Miele LiGis and currently mostly persil products and STPP but I would be open to changing :)

Many thanks!

Comments (30)