SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawn_hyde31

Range hoods for two ranges in very open kitchen

travel guy
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are in the midst of a major remodel. My wife and I both love to cook -- so much so that we are putting in two Samsung induction ranges in our kitchen. (Still cheaper than one Viking or Wolf but I digress). The ranges will be 24" apart from each other - separated by cabinetry and will each have their own vent hood.

I'm thinking of a pair of Best Potenza hoods (CP57E362SB) with 600cfm external blowers (EB6 or ILB6) plus MUA of some sort.

I have a couple of questions about my proposed setup.

1) The kitchen is VERY open to around 1000sf of the house and we have 9 foot ceilings. If I include all of that square footage and use the formula for that, the result is 2250cfm. Seems overkill. So, in an open kitchen, just how much of your square footage do you count towards the CFM calculation?

2) Silence is very important to us. So, while I believe 1200 total CFM is adequate (600x2), I wonder if stepping up would actually reduce noise. Would a 1200cfm hood running on low be substantially quieter than a 600cfm hood running on high? (I'm going in-line or roof mount if that changes the answer).

3) What do you all think about Fantech MUAS systems, and can they be connected to these hoods? Could I use one larger system and somehow get the Fantech to work correctly with both, or would I need one per hood? They sell a 650cfm and 1600cfm models. One of the 1600cfm models would be more than adequate for two 600cfm hoods if I could get the system cooperating.

Lots of thoughts. Hope someone has some good answers for me.

Thanks everyone!

Comments (2)