SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
narnia75

Upper cabinet opening side flanking range hood?

narnia75
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi all, I am designing my new kitchen and will have a span of wall cabinets that go on both sides of the range hood. The spans are: 72" on the left side and 36" on the right side. I could go with 36" and 36" on the left side and 36" on the right side, but that would mean that I would always have a door in the way...especially with Ikea's 15" uppers, that seems like quite an obtrusion, but that would be the least expensive.

The other option is 18", 36" and 18" on the left side and 18" and 18" on the right side. This would enable me to have better access to the cabinets, but would be more costly as it would entail buying 5 cabinets rather than 3.

I guess that a compromise would be: 18, 36, 18 on left and 36 on right, or 36, 36 on left and 18, 18 on the right. That would be 4 cabinets.

I hope to store my spices and oils in the wall cabinets. I cook from scratch every day. We rarely eat out, so this kitchen will be heavily used.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your help in advance!

p.s. pardon my drawing. I have no say-so re which side the pull is on, and I also didn't realize that some were knobs and others were pulls.

Comments (9)