SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpk63

Quartzite seam woes

Kristi
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

A few days ago, I posted a few photos and answered a few questions about our almost done kitchen renovation. This is one side of the room:

I plan to do a full "reveal" post with details, as well as to answer more questions, but I've become increasingly upset about our quartzite seams. I questioned them immediately, the fabricator fell all over me and came back out to fix them, but I'm still unhappy with them, especially this one which is about two feet to the left of the sink:

And I'm pissed because when I contacted the fabricator to discuss ongoing concern, he acted like I was being unreasonable. He told me this is how quartzite seams are, and that the roughness is normal. I told my GC he needs to deal with it now because I don't believe it.

Talk to me please. Am I supposed to accept this? There are other little things that need my GC's attention too, that together are making me feel really UPSET today. We were without a kitchen for 8 mos and although my overall vision was brought to life and I love it, I don't love that I feel like I need to fight to make these last details right. I'm just so freaking tired. I'm worried I'm gonna sign off on something that isn't ok, just out of fatigue.

Thank you, in advance.

Comments (9)