SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adam_harbeck

Garden roses - bush shots

Adam Harbeck
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

A lot of people really appreciated the full bush photos I put up in another post, so I thought I'd upload some more.

We had a surprisingly wet night last night and it's still coming down this morning. No complaints from me though, my orchids were looking a little dry.

My two pilloried Madame Isaac Perierere's.

I didn't prune them back much this year, as the 28s (local parrots) really got stuck into the new growth over winter and I didn't want to push them over the edge.

Professeur Ganiviat and Parsons Pink China. The professor is an interesting shape, airy canes that want to grow horizontally. I think he will actually look quite good there by the pond, even though he's not who I wanted.

you can just see the tops of Frederic Mistral AKA the Children's Rose behind these two. I really wanted a big, blousey Belindas Dream lookalike back there. Hopefully the final effect is ok. They're big roses. Easily 6 foot tall.

Radio Times (bottom left) looking compact after a savage winter prune. But that wont last long. Behind the castle (dont judge, it was from the verge collection and reminds me where the retic pipe goes) amongst the "weeds" is Madame Berkley. The new foliage is really lovely, and the flowers will look good against the pomegranate. Strawberry Hill (top right) getting set for a good spring flush. And thats Marie Lambert/Ducher poking up in the bottom right corner. Both it and Devoniensis are still looking rough now, but they look great over the hot months.

Adam

Comments (11)