SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Do you guys like the "Cirque"-type shows in Vegas?

Faron79
7 years ago

The only one I've seen was the "Beatles LOVE" last Sat. (9/24) at the Mirage.

I was fairly "underwhelmed"....

I REALLY wanted to LOVE it, but it was just so.....weird! For some reason, I've never liked the 60's/70's British artwork & imagery that much. Always LOVED the Beatles MUSIC, but....all the strange artwork....not so much. From a theatrical ONLY standpoint, I suppose it was a "quite artful" performance. Lots of flying around, trapeze-work, bungee & cable movements, center stage sections lowering & raising, etc.

To ME, the show focused so much on all the weird interpretations of the 60's "Beatles imagery"....AND NOT on the Beatles themselves OR their music!! The songs were re-mixed for the most part too.

I had thought the "Beatles" themselves, and the unaltered songs would be "highlighted" with movement, etc. However....it was quite the opposite.

>>>> Soooooo....I suppose you either LOVE the Cirque-type shows....or...meh! I just didn't care that much for THIS one. I anticipated it the MOST though!!

The show I LOVED-LOVED-LOVED was the one I thought I'd like the LEAST! "Vegas!-The Show" at Planet-Hollywood was SO FUN! It was a History-of-Vegas type show. Gorgeous/sexy showgirls, featured singers, comedy, etc. WELL done by all. I thoroughly loved it! I even caught piece of candy thrown by one of the dancers....I think I fainted.....;-)

FYI on "Vegas! The Show"...Vegas! The Show

Faron

Comments (15)