SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeh_yeh

Help! My dwarf lemon tree is not looking good.

7 years ago

I bought a dwarf lemon tree from local Costco a few months ago and it looked like below when I bought it.

It's located in my backyard which gets morning to early afternoon sun. I water whenever the soil is dry, sometimes 1 wk sometimes 2 wks depending on weather. I also use Espoma Citrus-tone Organic fertilizer every month. I am in norcal bay area. All the leaves started falling and left with 2 leaves on the very top but then all the leaves regrown about two weeks after. I read sometimes it could be because the amount of sunlight it gets changed. See below for picture when all the leaves were regrowing.

Then I switched to using foilage pro fertilizer hoping it will help the leaves grow. But after two weeks, all the new leaves started falling off with flowers blooming and now the flowers are wilting. See below.

Due to some reasons I never got to re-pot this tree. I have all the stuff I need for the gritty mix but I am afraid re-potting now will kill it faster. What should I do? All the tree branches are still green.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH