SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

Old Dell Win7 Graphics Problem

chas045
7 years ago

We have an old Dell Vostro Desktop computer with win7 mainly used for internet surfing. Internet response sometimes or often slows down and a reboot will speed it up again. Recently, a graphics issue has often or always shown up. Dear Wife is often plowing around clothing sales sites showing multiple (6-12) pictures per page with many more upon scrolling. I played around with this while pages were loading rapidly this morning. The first page always loads well and immediately, but upon two to 5 scrolls down, the lower portion of usually all of the pictures in a row (sometimes only one) will show the lowest line (midway down the pic) of picsels dragged down for a few inches. Further scrolling will bring new good pics and scrolling up will often re-show the bad section. Refresh will sometimes show same bad pic and sometimes other good or bad areas.

I presume that this is some graphics issue. Are there any common or obvious things I could or should look at to see if something could be reset or replaced?

Comments (3)