SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Questions about scullery/butler's pantry

rockybird
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I will finishing remodeling in about a month on a midcentury modern home. The kitchen is wide open to the house and is bordered on one side by walls of glass, so it is visible from outside and multiple rooms.

I have 4 small parrots. I have wanted someplace to keep their food, as well as the nespresso machine, etc. from cluttering the kitchen. I finally decided that the room with the AC handlers and w/d might be a good spot. It is off the kitchen. It is 11 feet wide and with cabinets would have a 4 ft. Wide aisle. I would bust through wall at one end into the adjoining bedroom to create a laundry/bike room, passable from the kitchen through the scullery.

- Would you want a scullery in the same room as your AC handlers? They will be covered with modern sliding panel doors. They will not be visible, but you will hear them.

- I want to add a dishwasher and under counter freezer. Would it be weird to have these appliances so far from the kitchen? The long row of floating cabs has two single drawer dw's but I am thinking of removing one to make more storage.

The interior designer helped me with these basic plans when we met last week. Does it make sense? The circled area will be custom built pantry. The ceilings are only 7 ft. In that room. I will make it light and bright with white quartz, white heath tile backsplash and walnut cabs. Thanks!!!

The scullery is in yellow. The circled area will be the pantry.

It would have walnut cabs, quartz counter, heath tile backsplash.

Kitchen. Scullery and pantry are behind the appliances.

The sliver of door behind the appliances would be the scullery.

Door on the left would go into scullery. Door on right will got away. It will be accessible from inside scullery. It will be replaced with dry wall to hang art on.

All the bike stuff will move and this will become pantry. The doorway on the left will become scullery.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022