SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dion_m

Weeds Id

Dion M
7 years ago

Hi guys, I know I'm asking a lot but very new to this, first home and have grass and garden beds overrun with weeds. Any help is appreciated to ID them, very new to gardening and have my work cut out for me, have spent some time checking online so have made some guesses.

1 - ?

Looks like a small green leafless tree. Has thin bean like seed pods inline on the 'branches'. Many fine almost translucent thorns/spines on the main stem.

2 - ?

Purple flowers with yellow inside. Spreads with runners across the ground. Light pale green with spade shaped leaves.

3 - Filaree ?

Has thin upright seeds, I believe these then become spear like with a spiral tail?

4 - Dandelion/Prickly Lettuce ?

These seem to be slightly different in colour, flower bulb size and one has spines and the other doesn't. Grow fast and large. Tend to break easily above the root with a milky white sap.

5 - ?

I see these regularly but don't know the name. Some type of grass? Regrows extremely quickly. Seem to have a smaller variety with purple/red shoots as well.

6 - Capeweed ?

I just always called these prickles. Has clover like leaves and sends runners everywhere, yellow flowers, black inside and of course the little round prickles.

7 - ?

This one doesn't really show it but red/purple colouring at the base. Seems to be a theme. Multiple stems in parallel. At the tips splitting off into multiple leaf clusters that are pale green to yellow.

8 - Wintergrass ?

Growing in small clumps with taller seed shoots growing out usually in a circle.

Thanks

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions