SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikthegreek_gw

OT Lara trouble, again..

nikthegreek
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Another Lara report..

So she was hurting to the touch just behind her left ear. I just noticed it a couple of days ago since she squeeled while I was stroking her. Took her to the vet yesterday. Bad ear infection and there was something well into her ear. Had to fully sedate her to work in her ear. He retrieved a dead bee sized insect!!! Looked like those brown four winged insects which fly sort of vertically and erratically and appear in my garden only once a season just for a few days, flying around at dusk. No idea what they are but if it was indeed one of those, that beast must have been in her ear for quite a few weeks.. Funny because she was not scratching her ear otherwise I would have noticed earlier..

The ear was really ugly inside and the vet could not say if the drum is damaged. She will be on orally administered antibiotics for 12 days hoping that the infection will clear up a bit so the problem can be better assesed...

Anyhow, an hour or so later and 50 Euro poorer, I carried her back home still asleep with her tongue sticking out.. She started waking up after a couple of hours and the first thing she did when she could only barely stand up and walk was that she dizzily carried herself down to the fence and started barking at the neighbourhood stray...

Comments (14)