tumeric and/or tumeric tea?

Annegriet

Anyone drink tumeric tea or cook a lot with tumeric? I know it is an excellent anti-inflammatory. Tried the tea at a friends house. She drinks three times a day. Will this stain your teeth? She just started so I couldn't really see a difference in her teeth. Also, do you notice a difference in your joints and overall health? Thank you.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bleusblue2

This is what I know --- no matter how much Turmeric you ingest, it is not absorbed unless you have it with some fat -- it is fat soluble. Also black pepper increases absorption. An article I read recently suggests researching the best supplements. I will post the link later on, right now I'm on the run. I use powdered turmeric fairly often in Salads, or even scrambled eggs, or rice dishes, any sautee, I throw some in. Keep in mind that it is a staple in East India although I don't know that they drink turmeric tea -- the people there seem to have white enough teeth.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bleusblue2

Time to add something else -- I just talked to a friend who drinks Turmeric tea just as you do -- he says that if he has joint or muscle pain, the tea clears it up. No oil, no pepper -- although he says he might add some pepper now.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening 101 12 Essential Herbs for Your Edible Garden
Make home cooking and drinks even better with herbs plucked from your own backyard or windowsill pot
Full Story
Yellow Tricky Yellow — Friend or Foe?
It might rev you up or wear you down. Learn what the experts have to say about using this complex color at home
Full Story
Color Palettes Front and Center Color: When to Paint Your Door Bright Red
Welcoming and intense, a red front door kicks up a home's entryway and is impossible to miss
Full Story
Village and Coast, LLC provides a wide range of interior design and decorating services from bustling Northern... Read More