SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Vacation idea worth sharing...

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Just in case anyone else is looking for a different kind of experience, DSG2015's thread about vacations prompted me to share the vacation my daughter and SIL just returned from today (I just didn't want to hijack that thread).

They just experienced a two week trip touring the upper west coasts of Northern California, and Oregon as well as the Redwood forest and Portland. They've been to different parts of Europe a couple of times as well as Iceland, but because of the recent bombings and such, they didn't want to leave the states this year. Instead they decided to see some of what our own country has to offer and said they were blown away by how beautiful the coasts were in person as well as the Redwood Forest. They also really enjoyed the huge variety of specialty and one of a kind shopping Portland has to offer.

My daughter has gotten pretty good at planning their vacations every year. This year she found a cabin via Air BnB that they rented in a forest just outside of Cresent City as well as a condo that over looked the coast in Sea Side Oregon. Then they stayed in a hotel for a few days in Portland so they could explore the city and some of the unique shops they have. Overall they said it was amazing trip with lots of beautiful hiking, scenic views, fun shopping as well as great food and craft beer (which is a hobby of my SIL's) .. The pics they took are really stunning.

Comments (14)