SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judysteven

Bosch Electric Oven Problems / Temp auto adjusts / Does not turn off

judysteven
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have the Bosch HBL5451UC 500-series electic oven for two years now. For the most part it works but there has been some strange behavior a year after I bought it, which happens to be the warranty period. The following have happened a handful of times, purely random and no clue as to what caused it. Not having a main on/off switch has been a safety concern for me after I bought it. There are two knobs, one for mode, and one for temperaure (the so-called European design). If both knobs are in the 12 o'clock position then the unit is off. If both are not, then the unit is turn on. That translates to a mode being selected and the temperature not at 0.

1) The temperature display does not match whats on the temperature knob. For example, yesterday when baking, I wanted 350 but the display keeps showing 375. 325 on the knob registers as 325 on the display and 375 registers as 375 but for some odd reason, 350 also registers as 375. This has happened before and a circuit breaker reset fixes everything.

2) The unit turned on when the temperature is set to anything but 0 even though the mode knob is still at the 12 o'clock off position. This becomes a safety issue when the unit turns on unexpectedly.

I know the warranty is 1 year for these products. Does anyone else have the same problems or similar? Can I get Bosch to replace or repair out of warranty period?

Comments (2)