SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly7870482

Questions about Rinnai Tankless Water Heater

Holly L
7 years ago

Hello - I recently remodeled my home and have a new Rinnai Tankless Water Heater RL94e (exterior) installed.

I have a couple of questions. Is the water heater supposed to make noise? It's mounted on the wall opposite the master shower. When the hot water is running I hear a definite buzzing/reverberating sound while I'm inside the master bath. If I go outside and stand next to the water heater, the noise is more of a whirring sound. The water lines have been bled of air and my contractor says the noise is normal and they can put some rubber washers behind the attachment points to dampen the noise. Does this sound like the correct course of action?

Also, the temperature control remote has been mounted on the outside wall under the unit. It doesn't look like it was made to withstand the elements, in addition to it being a little weird to put a 'remote' right next to the device the remote is controlling...and now anyone in the back yard can change the temperature of the water, and if I want to change it I have to go outside. Am I missing the mark here or should I ask it to be moved inside the house?

Thank you!

Comments (11)