SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
busymom03

Will this look funny?

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello,

I am in the design phase of our kitchen remodel - and I need help! Would this wall look funny if there is only 1 to the counter cabinet? I could do 2 (flanking each side of the counter run) but I am nervous to give up so much counter space. That side of the kitchen is normally just used as the "catch all" as we come in the house, but during the holidays I will set up a bar there or use it for a cooling area for cookies and pies.

There are a few elements that I am struggling with on the kitchen remodel - this is the first. The second is the placement of the microwave which is also shown here - but I would most likely move it to right next to the refrigerator (so there are 2 drawer stacks next to each other) or to the island - which poses it's own issues with where to put everything else. Suggestions are welcome on this as well - but definitely need to figure out the uppers before I can psychologically move onto the next dilemma.

Thank you!

First picture is with only 1 to the counter cabinet.

Second picture show 2 to the counter cabinets (note - this is an earlier version that doesn't show the ceiling heigh cabinets):

Comments (17)