SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunkfree_4a_canada

Rooting Pubicalyx cutting, what would you do?

Hello, the Hoya forum! I haven't been back here in a while to post, though I do lurk and read a bit. ;)

None of my publicalyx (maybe pink silver) have bloomed yet. They all come from a plant my mom grew from my grandmothers' wonderful Hoya that used to boom pale pink.

The three-vine plant, which has an abundance of foliage covering an east window, sprouted a new vine a few weeks ago. I didn't want it to start climbing into the absolute clusterfun that is that plant, so I cut it off to start a new plant.

It's been in water for a couple of weeks, and not much is happening. I just wanted some advice on how to proceed - keep it in water and be patient or move to soil... And also whether to immerse the little root nodes above the bottom 4 leaves.

I'm concerned about the end and/or leaves rotting if I do immerse it too deeply. Cut off the leaves? You can kind of see the hard water line in the photo above to gauge how deep I had it immersed (up to the second pair of leaves)

I've had about 50/50 success in water in the past (some just rotted), and have grown several new healthy plants from cuttings but they were mostly vine sections that had many root nodes. This cutting has such a small stem, but is a 4 foot vine with other leaves. Also the first set of leaves are somewhat deformed at their tips, bit I'm not concerned about that.

thanks in advance :)

kd

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County