SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Speechless, new series last night

rob333 (zone 7b)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Anyone else watch this? It was brilliant! Brilliant, I say! I admit I wasn't fully watching it from the outset, but it didn't take me long to drop everything and get into it. It's a family with attitude, who has a special needs child. Apparently, their whole world has revolved around him and the mother who decides he's always getting the short end of the stick. She is very vocal. About. Every. Thing! She drives like a maniac, always has a quick (and quick witted!) retort about the child's needs being met, and just very in your face about all of life. She's got a bit more sophistication about her displeasure than their daughter, whose character needs a bit more fleshing out, and who is down right mouthy, expressing what the mom would really like to say to everyone. The mom will say "Listen to the girl!" to whomever the daughter is yelling at. The daughter is the comic relief (everyone is hilarious though!). There is another son who is the voice of reason and makes the mom realize she could be in the wrong with all of her in-your-faceness. The dad keeps them it all together.

What I really like, and it took me a bit to get this about the show, it's a statement on how American society is filled with special snowflakes who expect the world handed to them on a platter. The celebration of mediocrity! It's a funny look into our social context. I don't think it'd be successful without the mother being a Brit. It's so wonderful.

I went to find a link to the show, and it's looking like I am not alone.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH