SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jolu5

ceiling fans with high ceiling to help with heat in winter

jolu5
7 years ago

I'm planning on putting in new ceiling fans that are on beams about 10' high. I believe the ceiling is 20' high approximately. It is an A frame house.

Right now I have one fan and I'm looking to replace it with two. I believe that will work better, is that true? I was told to allow 2' distance between them and walls.

There are 3 beams running across the room. The first has a fan on it. Next to the middle one is a long ceiling light from the 20' ceiling and on the third beam I plan on having another fan. The full distance of the room is 24'. (The other distance is 26'). (By the way that is a western exposure with full windows.)

Does anyone know which type of fans I should go with that will be the most efficient in pulling hot air down in winter? Does it matter how many blades, angle, length? In the winter I don't want any breeze, so it will be on low. Can they be left on all the time, even in a house that is not usually occupied? Is there a way of knowing if I can in fact set it so there won't be a breeze but will have the ability to push hot air down into the room? Thanks so much for your help.

Comments (7)

Sponsored