SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Plug mold - hidden inside a recess in the cabinet?

Pipdog
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We've decided we want plug molds in our modern kitchen remodel. Our contractor is being somewhat difficult about installing them and I get the impression his electrical sub does not have much experience with them. He claiming that installing plug mold will require a junction box next to the plug mold that will hang under the cabinet. I am relatively new to the world of plug molds, but this does not sound right. He said they will be "very visible" if you are standing at the counter. I just did a quick search on here and saw numerous examples of plug mold without junction boxes hanging next to them and hidden plug molds that aren't visible.

A couple questions:

1) What does your plug mold look like underneath the cabinet and inside the cabinet? Is there a junction box? Can anyone post photos?

2) I'm considering hiding the plug mold in a recess in the underside of the cabinet or notch out the cabinet to fit in the strip. Has anyone done this? Here are some inspiration photos. My question is -- what do they look like inside the cabinet? Will I lose/compromise storage space to do this? Any input would be helpful. thanks

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022