SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purrus

Thoughts on front door privacy solution

purrus
7 years ago

So, we've had this on our front door for interior privacy the past several years. The fabric is from IKEA. The main issue is that our entryway is dark enough as it is. This is a pretty sheer fabric so it's really not that the fabric is black---it is that the entryway would be fairly dark even with lighter sheer fabric (and it can't be too sheer or it won't be private). (It's also cloudy today, and our doors open onto a covered porch--neither factor helps things.)

With flash

With chandelier

Here are the doors with nothing on them--

so I am thinking of maybe using some decorative window film. I just ordered some for my newly remodeled bathroom and I will have some left over. I would love more natural light but really want privacy in case someone unexpected comes to the door.

Thoughts? Seem like a good solution? I really love the idea of even a little more natural light. I think on a sunny day it could really make a difference; our porch isn't really all that deep, maybe six or seven feet

Heres the website for the decorative clings. I bought stones and pebbles for two bathrooms:

http://www.decorativefilm.com/cut-glass-2

Comments (131)