SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
segacs

Sidelight privacy treatment for rental front door

segacs
4 years ago

You guys have been super helpful with my last couple of posts, so I thought I'd try one more.

Our new rental apartment has a front door that opens right into the living room. The door has two sidelight windows (and one toplight window, but that's less of a big deal) that basically allow anyone from the street to see right inside.

I've been looking for some sort of inexpensive, rental-friendly way to add privacy to these sidelight windows. The caveats are:

• The windows are 80" high, as opposed to the more standard panel curtain height of 72" available at Wal-Mart and such.
  • Window interiors are made of a plastic that can't be drilled or screwed into. Tension rods MIGHT be an option, but they don't stay up very well on that surface either.
  • We can't do anything too permanent or that would damage the walls or windows, since it's a rental.
  • We'd prefer not to spend very much money on this, because, like I said, it's a rental apartment.
  • We live in Canada, so whatever we buy would need to be easy to buy / ship here.

Ideas, suggestions?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting