SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loginhater

Vinyl replacement windows Chicago area

loginhater
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good vinyl replacement window that is widely available in the Chicago area? Maybe an installer too?

I've talked to 3 contractors already. They were all highly rated on Angie's List and Yelp.

I met with each of them. Two liked Alside (Sheffield and Mezzo lines).

I contacted the third because they carried both Andersen 400 and Simonton -- Consumer Reports rates both of these brands the highest in their categories -- but the contractor suggested that I'd get a lot more value in Lindsay and Beechworth. Both companies seem to have a strong local presence too.

Everything seemed great. I came out of the meetings feeling good. I liked all three contractors and felt liked I'd be comfortable hiring any of them. One of the Alside quotes is in, and at about $550 per window, it didn't seem too bad.

But then I start to research Alside, Lindsay, and Beechworth, and I see a lot of mixed reviews.

I also looked into some of the vinyl window lines that seem to be well-liked in this forum. Many of them seemed to be located outside of the Midwest. I saw that Sunrise is based in Michigan and Simonton is based in Ohio, but the local dealer network for these seems to be spotty at best.

Any recommendations? Just looking for basic white double-hung windows that are well made and will last a long time. Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)