SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa7242

Kraus deep drain - smell issues?

lisa7242
7 years ago

I am nearing the end of my kitchen renovation - cabinets, counters and appliances are all in. I have a new single bowl Kraus sink (KHU100-30), and right now it is temporarily installed with the Krauss deep drain that came with the sink. We do not have, and will not have, a garbage disposal.

The plumber has recommended swapping out the Krauss drain; his experience is whenever he gets called back for a smelly sink it is a drain with a two piece design like the Krauss. He believes the two piece design (see pic) of the metal drain housing that then sits inside another plastic housing (first image) causes a build-up gunk, and results in smell issues.

If you have one of the Kraus deep drains installed, it would be helpful to hear your experience with it. I love the deep basket, and how easy the Krauss basket is to keep clean, so would like to use the drain. I have searched the web, as well as threads here, and the only hits I have gotten are issues with trying to retrofit it into existing plumbing.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths