SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satchitosan8b

We don't get much company. (Pic heavy!) #1

satchitosan8b
7 years ago

And I really wanna share my plants! Every plant has a story. :) I have so many now. And things are blooming/starting to bloom with noone to see it but the two of us. Plus, I'm really proud of the work I have done. I'm still learning so please bear with me, but I have found a new passion and it brings me so much joy. I'll start with the lovely plant's inside! :) If anyone has any suggestions or anything I'd be happy to hear!

My grandma gave me two small cuttings of this Begonia two years ago. I think she called it an angel wing begonia. I love the silvery spots. We don't get a ton of light in the house so I have been rotating some plants so they can share the sun! I love this plant because when it starts getting too big for our small duplex I can snap pieces off, put them in a jar of water and share them after they root. It's so easy it makes me feel like a pro. Lol.

I put this little mixed pot together last week. I forgot to bring in the pregnant onion inside and my chickens ate a bunch of it. Lol. But I planted it anyway because it has some babies. My friend said the sap from it gave her an allergic reaction. When they ate it I freaked out but they're still alive and they are still eating all of my plants. :\

I try to identify my plants before i ask on the Name That Plant thread and for this one I think it is Golden Pathos? I'm not sure but it does okay in the corner I keep it in. It got pretty long so I snipped the bushier pieces off last week, got rid of the extra long stems and pieced the better looking bits shallowly back in the pot. I hope it makes it.

This Aloe has been through too much. It doesn't get enough light in my house but its still going strong. I thought it was dead a year ago it had nothing growing. It was just a weird clump with one sappy brown leaf. Haha. I brought it inside to care for it and this is it now. I love aloe and plantain (the weed) because I have a skin condition and I can always count on these plants to clean it up. My skin disease is Miliaria and it flares up bad especially when I'm in the garden. So I keep the plantain "weed" in my yard wherever it decides to pop up.

We have had this plant for years. I took a bit and added it in the pot with my angel wing begonia and it wraps around the stalks. I don't know what it is but as you can see from the photo it was neglected for a while. It now lives in the bathroom window and I have never seen the leaves so big! We like to add little creatures to our plants.:)

I think this is an umbrella plant. I had two but the other didn't make it. This one gets most of the window time.

I dont know what this plant is either. The closest i got was maybe a peace lily? But still looking. This one has a small daddy longlegs living in it. Since moving into the woods I don't even bother with the spiders anymore as long as they stay out of the way and out of my hair. Haha

Comments (6)