SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

I've been too busy, and tired, and sore...

caroline94535
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I had the third physical therapy session yesterday. They kicked my tail. While I can tell the muscles are feeling better, and the cramps and nerve pain have lessened, the arthritic hip is screaming bloody murder. I think it's worse.

I was so tired by the time I got home yesterday I couldn't function. The base is about 20 miles away from home, and nearly half-way to "town." After the PT, I drove on in to drop off his dry cleaning, mail a box to Mom, fill the car with gas, take a return item to Wal-Mart, and pick up groceries. Then I drove the 45 miles home. That was far too much for one day.

But before that...I've been cleaning windows! I'm getting one finished about every third or fourth day. I take out the screens and wash them, hose off the outside window and frame, clean the window inside and out, and then put it all back together. The blinds will go outside for cleaning once all the windows are finished.

Here is the den window (the only one in there) "in progress." I prop the top sash on the computer chair to give it more support while cleaning.

I can get a photo that shows only the inside or only the outside. This is the "view" of my neighbor's shed and corner of their house and the tall, tall white spruce trees.

When I'm sitting in "my spot" in the living room I have a straight line-of-sight across the living room, through the smaller arched doorway, through the hallway, across the den, and can see the lovely trees out of this window. From "my spot" I see only the trees and sky; I can't see their buildings.

I'm also working on the "north wall" of the livingroom. I've made a giant leap from the "unemployed college student look," to an almost adult look. I'm only 60; there's no rush!

We got a great deal on a flat screen TV a couple months ago. It's perfect in every way, and cost $75. It was a deal we couldn't refuse.

I had it perched on an old, beat-up, 24" tall/wide end table, set next to a 22" tall antique washstand to hold the DVD player and cable box. All the cords showed, and it looked horrible. I do believe the old college stand-by of stacked cement blocks holding 2-by boards would have looked far better.

Long story longer - I had a store credit that was going to expire Sept. 1. They sent me a notice a few days before, so I speed-shopped and purchased a TV console from the Internet, sight unseen.

It was delivered today, and luckily Wes was home to help the guy carry the huge, clumsy box inside. The solid wood (except the two baskets) console was already assembled, which was one of the main selling points.

We set it up, put in all the components, got everything wired correctly (it took only one re-do on the DVD player) and now I have this!

I am very happy with it - Wes really likes it, too, and I think I've thought of a way to shoe-horn the handmade writing desk and hutch into the living room. More on that later!

The slatted reflection is of the south end window over the tiny breakfast nook. I had the blinds open.

Yes! I'm watching / listening to a DVD of The Last of the Summer Wine, 1992, Series 14 of 30 (or is that 31?)

I'll move the cable cord soon, but for now I'm happy with the improvement. I wouldn't show anyone the mismatched tables shoved together to hold the old system!

Comments (7)