SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_ray38

Help my awkward layout

Kimberly Ray
7 years ago

We are remodeling a 1972 kitchen. Pictured is what the designer has come up with already. We're not loving it. Our requirements are that it fit a 36" wide fridge and that there be a place to gather around with our 4 kids to make cookies, pies etc. That could be an island or a pennisula. The current layout is a U-shaped with a pennisula and those upper cabinets above it that really close off this space from the dining area right beside it. We could probably deal with this layout, except the range is currently on the pennisula, right in the middle of it, breaking up any communal work space there. We're having a hard time moving things around though, because we have a window on both walls. We're open to any ideas. Adding upper cabinets, different hood styles, no upper cabinets, anything. We are basically doing an unexpected total gut to the entire house that we thought would be fixed up a little over time. Because of this, we're a little cramped on time, so we would like to have this figured out in the next week or so. And I apologize for the crummy pictures, I wasn't emailed the plans.

What you can't see in the first picture is that the dishwasher is to the right of the sink. Also, the wall to the left of the fridge extends down the who kitchen, except for a small walkway, I don't know why that's not pictured. I'll try to get some pictures of it's current layout to add as well.

Comments (10)