SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donk4kyv

All my tomato plants died

7 years ago

I live near Clarksville.

My veg garden has been a near total failure this summer. The green beans quit producing and the tomato plants began to fizzle weeks ago. Plenty of fruit but they rotted on the vine while still green. Now every one of my 19 plants is dead. Normally, at this date they are in peak production and we get enough to eat on through September and sometimes even into October. This summer we barely had a few to eat on through July and early August.

This summer has been extremely hot, humid and rainy. In this area, we got three times the normal rainfall in July, about 12 inches. Normal rainfall for July is more like 4 inches. I don't know if the plants couldn't take the weather, or if the rainforest-like environment this year caused diseases that normally are minor problems to go out of control. Another year like this one, and I'll consider giving up trying to raise a veg garden altogether. We have lived here since 1979 and have always had a summer garden, but never anything like this. Others in the area say theirs was poor as well.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations