SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackie_williams51

Need help identifying this set...all of my leads have lead nowhere!!

Jackie Williams
7 years ago

I found this fun bedroom set that had been sitting in an apartment for years. I bought it thinking I would use it for my son who wants to paint it, but my family really is pushing me (as is my curiosity) to make sure it's not collectible/worth leaving original. I have scoured the web to no avail....nothing with similar pull cutouts or curves. The set includes these two pieces, a mirror for the lower piece (which would have been straight on the sides and curved on the top and bottom if not broken), and a full-size bed frame which has a very simple headboard and an awesome bowed out foot board. It is all oak except the curved fronts of the drawers which are made of multiple woods covered in an oak veneer (so I know it's not Heywood-Wakefield). No markings to really speak of other than "4040" stamped on the back of the headboard and "4043-1" on the back of the mirror piece (which make me think those are item numbers). It also has some pencil markings that seem to refer maybe to the drawers since they are numbered with chalk?? underneath to match them up to their slots. It is made with a dovetail construction (not hand-cut) and seems to have been put together by hand mostly given the glue drips underneath, etc. (not neatly machine finished). It is a really lovely set and the price was great for a solidly made bedroom set, regardless of any collectibility. I just want to don't ruin any future value by painting it. (If it were up to me, I would clean it and let it be gorgeous as is!) Thanks for any leads/insights/etc. Jackie

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022