SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnmerr

Do I live in Paradise?

7 years ago

Please allow me to digress from citrus for a moment, as this subject is often raised here....

I live in a city called the "City of Eternal Springtime"; houses here have no heating or air conditioning.

Many plants and flowers produce twice per year; because twice per year the temperature and light tell it to produce.

Today at my hummingbird feeder I had both white necked jacobin and white ear varieties; they are my favorites; but only come by a couple of times per year (hummers are migratory... BTW Guatemala has 38 varieties of hummers including the Ruby throat).

On the citrus subject, my cost of production of Meyer lemons is 1/4 that of Sunkist. A small amount of that is the cost of labor ( I pay my workers very well, and I do not employ child labor... not even to mow the lawns in my garden). The most important cost efficiency is the entirely new production system we have adopted; it is high density, drip irrigation.

Now... does that sound good to you??? We welcome anyone who wants to visit or move here.

Comments (26)