SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparklekitchen

Convection Microwave v Speed Oven?

sparklekitchen
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I can almost feel the pro-SO replies coming. Here is my situation though. We have only enough room for two undercounter ovens. There is no wall oven space. I was thinking of a traditional full-size convection oven plus a convection microwave. To be honest, these decisions are coming at me fast and furious and I've not had enough time to truly study the "convection" portion of the microwave, but it sounds like it will crisp things up when needed which is why it was in my planned purchase list.

Now I've suddenly learned about speed ovens. My husband loves his toaster oven and I am wondering if we could avoid having a countertop toaster oven by maybe making the microwave spot take a SO instead???

With the limited space I have, for only 2 undercounter appliances, what would you select if you are a user of a microwave? I have two kids and the micro gets some use for sure. Could a speed oven suffice as a real oven or are they just too small? I DO like to cook, though my cooking tends to be a lot on the range rather than in the oven.

Comments (9)