SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weirdcatlady

Silvon sheets?

7 years ago

Bed linens threaded with silver for antimicrobial powers? What do you think? Silvon.

Comments (10)

• 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

oh please. silver tarnishes and some are allergic.

• 7 years ago

My first thought was..gimmicky. I see some people falling for this.

• 7 years ago

I know a lot of alternative medicine folks rave over "colloidal silver," whatever that is . . . I thought it was scary how they talk about how rarely people, on average, change sheets. Pinky, that must give you the creeps!

• 7 years ago

Story says the average person washes their sheets every 2--3 weeks...that is for sure absolutly disgusting. May as well sleep in a pig stall...but I believe it..iI've lurked on other Houzz forums..people with beautiful homes..yet they don't wash their bedding weekly and complain of yellowed sheets and towels so they won't use white..it makes me want to yell your sheets are filthy.you either wash them wrong or not often enough. .I can't see silver helping LOL. Wash your bedding in good hot water at least weekly..I do beds too often, but we all know I'm a sicko..I also change all pillowcases daily, except the ones that arnt slept on.

Of course we all have bacteria in our beds..its everywhere, but generally its not bad bacteria and we can not excape it.

IMHO..these silver sheets are a gimmick and I can tell you who will be their biggest buyers..people that have beautiful, eat off their floors homes..yet don't feel like washing bedding.

Lizzie, yes it gives me the creeps..LOL...wash bedding weekly and no creepies.

Wonder if those sheets tarnish.

• 7 years ago

Ha ha. Probably don"t tarnish as much as the ones they aren't washing! Yellow is icky. Although I will admit I do not change the pillowslips daily. My husband wishes I would, I expect, but he won't wash the linens.

• 7 years ago

Lizzie, I change pillowcases daily because this is a household of wild beasts..many droolers here. LOL

• 7 years ago

I would not assume these are for people who don't wash their bedding frequently. It seems more likely that they will be purchased by people who are terrified of germs, maybe due to chronic illness or just germaphobia.

• 7 years ago

Sheets are washed weekly...the pillow slips (and hair) are changed (washed) daily during allergy season otherwise I don't think anybody would get any sleep.

On the idea of people not washing their sheets except every two or three weeks (yuk!)… I think that providing proper maintenance to the items that you own is the hardest thing for people to accept. Maintenance just takes time out of your day, it's not pretty, and lack of maintenance is frequently unnoticed until it has not been done for a long time.... And then, rather than being a five minute chore it's more like a five hour chore…

• 3 years ago

I wash my sheets every hour. Keeps me up all night. My immune system is mangled