SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
takenstepsback

24/7 Custodial Stepmom - BURN OUT!

takenstepsback
7 years ago

For 8 years I've done everything I can to help with his two children. Mainly because I had two children of my own in our home who were the same ages as his, so it just seemed natural that I would. When his children came to live with us full time the four children in the home were: 7y/o, 7y/o, 7y/o & 6y/o. However, over these past 8 years - a lack of appreciation, arguments between the two of us, the kids, the BIO MOM & us, tension in my home, stress, and utter hatred between the (now teenager boys) - I am completely burnt out on doing anything for my husband with regards to his two kids. At the same time I feel guilty if I do things for my kids and not for his. I am well aware that his kids play their Mom, Dad & I against one another. I just need help getting the responsibility off me (where I openly admit I put it, 8 years ago) and back on their Dad & Mom. I am tired of battle between his children, bio mom and me that seems to come from no where. I have taken these children to every Dr Appt, school function, extra curricular activity, birthday shopping, Christmas shopping, school shopping. I've held hair, brought cool wash clothes & Gatorade when they are sick (All while BOTH MOM & DAD, say "I'm not getting around that because I don't want to get sick!") Even worse, when I removed myself from the contact person for his son at school...because he gets into trouble a good bit, my husband does not discipline! How do you have a blended family, where the household rules are different for each individual? PLEASE HELP? I want to stop all the stressing, I just don't know how!

Comments (4)