SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennlynn2072

strange looking tomatoes

jennlynn2072
7 years ago

I am growing heirloom yellow pear tomatoes. All of these are from the same plant, and were picked at the same time. The yellow one was from the middle part of the plant, while the other three were from the top. There are some other weird looking tomatoes on the plant, but I didn't pick them in the hopes that whatever is wrong will be fixed with time.

I fertilized them last weekend, and I'm giving them diluted amount of MG tomorrow. I have another plant next to it that is doing well but doesn't have a lot of flowers or tomatoes. Well, it did but their in pots, and we got a gust of wind that blew over the plants and a bunch of unripe tomatoes fell off. :( I'm actually contemplating fertilizing with an organic bloom fertilizer instead of MG, the exact name of which I can't remember at the moment. But it has bone meal and a menagerie of other ingredients that are good for flowering plants.

I've been growing tomatoes forever, and this year has really sucked for me. They're my first indeterminates, and also my first heirloom.

I'm hoping someone can give me some direction, or some links to read, or you know, anything really. I'm open to suggestions.

Jenn

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!