SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_2754028

How to stage a house for resale without hiring anyone

User
7 years ago

Hello, I am joining up with a friend to help stage another friend's house for resale. Her house is already pretty decluttered and clean. My co-staging friend is awesome at decorating in general. Her house always looks wonderful (like a magazine!) and she does it all herself and on the cheap. If she needs something prettier than my house-selling friend has, she will probably go grab it from her own house. I bring good organizational skills and extra labor. One idea I have is that potential buyers tend to open up cabinets and drawers, closets, pantries, laundry cabinets, and under-sink cabs (yikes!). So I want to stage those inner-spaces too. The market in this neighborhood has just turned to a buyers market and I think going the extra mile in staging will really help. Can I get some good ideas? If we buy some containers, baskets and such to make things look super organized my house-selling friend will just take them to the new house. She's fine with spending a couple hundred dollars, but not $3,500 that she was quoted for a professional stager. The realtor already told my friend to fix some things and she did that. Now she needs to stage it. Thanks for some ideas!

Comments (22)