SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Costco credit card switch

Olychick
7 years ago

Has anyone else had problems with the switch from Costco's American Express card to the citibank visa card? Omg, I am SO frustrated. Card works fine, but the rest, holy cow am I pissed off. I got online immediately when I received my new card to set up autopay for the monthly balance to be paid to avoid interest charges. I then notice no payment is made and get online again and see there is an interest charge because they didn't take my payment. Grrrr. I call. Lovely young woman helps me. "No, you linked your bank account but didn't actually set up auto pay." What??? So she takes off the interest, fixes the glitch (whatever that was) and gets my auto pay set up.

It's about time for a payment again this week, so I'm checking my bank account and no payment made. I get on my citibank account site and seriously cannot make heads or tails of anything but the balance. Big balance, no payments made, but can't see any interest charges or anything, just that next payment is due in Sept. What?? What about August?

So I call. Yes, I have autopay set up, but "She should have told you that there is a one month delay, so it won't be in effect until Sept." And there are interest and late charges on the account because auto pay didn't kick in! What???? Again, a wonderful young man helps me, takes off the late and interest charges and tells me I don't have to make a payment now until Sept, at which time I'll have to mortgage my house to pay the huge balance :-)

Anyone else having problems or am I just unbelievably stupid about this?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations