SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
figsinhawaii

Infestation?!

figsinhawaii
7 years ago

Hello citrus folks,

Oh my goodness, I was shocked to see these ants and critters on my lemon tree today! For the last 10 days, I have only seen my tree at night (watering it at night too) and I didn't see these creatures accumulating.

My mom was here visiting for the last 10 days. She's young and super active, so there wasn't a single day that we weren't out of the house early and out all day long. Plus, not to mention my daughter's band summer schedule getting ready for marching band season (not football season, marching band season!). Long story short, for the last 10 days, after we'd finally settled in, I only went out at night to water my trees as needed. It wasn't until I had my first free day today, on the 11th day that I went outside to my backyard in broad daylight and saw these black blobs of ants and whatever other bugs these are. I had never see these many critters on any of my trees before.

I hosed them off as best I could, but amazingly, even with power shots straight to their leaves, these guys were latched on. So gross. After physically rubbing them off with a soft cleaning brush did they come off.

My plan is to mix the neem concentrate with some water and start spray applications today, plus call Terminix on Monday for the ants. Any other suggestions? I'd REALLY appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Comments (18)