SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

School me on drain boards and runnels!

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The new house will be getting a minor kitchen makeover. We will keep the layout but will update the sink and countertop. 21 years ago when we started the build on our current house I wanted an undermount sink but hubby said no as he didn't trust the sink not to eventually let loose. And I said no to granite as I never saw any I liked.

So here we are, both of us changing our minds. Hubby is insisting on an undermount sink and I am seriously considering granite.

I showed him a pic of an undermount sink with a soapstone countertop that had the integrated drain board and runnels. He loves the idea as it reminds him of the old farmhouse sink in his grandmothers house and he said it is a very functional option. As he does 95% of the cooking I'm good with whatever he thinks he will use.

So for anyone who has either of these features I'd love to know what you think of it. Also why would you do one or the other? Drain board without runnels, runnels without drain boar or both?

I'm still considering countertop options, I'm open to granite, honed granite, Quartz or even quartzite. Is there any material that this feature is a bad idea?

Comments (13)