SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charterbyrne

shambles house update

charterbyrne
7 years ago

Hi, so where to begin?
We have lived in our 3 bed semidetached house for around 10 years now, and nothing has been finished/done properly, so now that i am earning as well as my oh we are talking about getting the house done up! the problem is neither of us knows where we should start and i think i have bigger ideas about what should be done.
The main things that need doing (downstairs first) are the walls and ceilings need skimming, the floors need replacing (currently laminate in front room and tiles in the dining/kitchen) and the woodwork needs replacing ( window sill, door frames, and skirting). these are the major issues but i have said that while we are doing these things we may as well get other things done so that we wont have to get more done at a later date, the kitchen has a bar that need removing which will make more space and a kitchen diner. the dishwasher is in the dining room, it was something he never wanted when we originally had kitchen done so had to be put on other side of wall a couple of years ago!! that will need to be incorporated into kitchen, i would like double doors to replace back door into leanto rather than just replacing it like for like as he wants to. as you can see i could go on! do you think it is worth doing it bit by bit or just getting a loan and getting a company in to do it all in one go? we keep going round in circles trying to decide where to start and it is really beginning to grate on me!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!