SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malsh_k

Having a hard time selecting kitchen cabinets

Dream
7 years ago

We are building a new kitchen and I'm having a hard time selecting the brand, wood and stain. In our current house we have cherry and I do love the color but after looking at the same color for 13 years now I want something different in the new house. I thought we'll go with maple but I haven't found a stain on maple that I love, everything lighter is jut meh. I also like Alder or Hickory after seeing the following 2 pictures.

This is Hickory, I love this but DH doesn't like slab and I don't know whether it would look good in shaker style.

Calmar · More Info

This is Alder, I have no idea what stain this is. We both like this but I'm concern the Alder color might not be a good match for Quartz oakmoor which we like on the island and we might go with a solid counter top for the rest of the counter top.

We got a quote for Cabico unique line at $19,000 including handles, roll outs and super susan. Countertop will be another $5700 approx. looking at the Cabico site I saw their Hickory door but the veins are vertical and not horizontal so I don't know whether we can achieve the above look.

Hickory door vs Alder

Floor will be tiled, most probably with a tile that looks like wood floors.

These are few of the other kitchens that I love. I don't know what material this is. Help me figure out which wood or stain to go with please.

Artsy Craftsman - Mill Valley · More Info

La Jolla Kitchen · More Info

Comments (12)